5/13: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 1:10 PM CDT

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox going for a sweep today. Will likely see the Twins' best starting effort for the series with Pineda on the mound.

OK with Abreu DHing for a day after his bumps and bruises.

There is no reason for Moncada to hit below Lamb.

• Like 1

I know Jake Lamb has been terrible but he really should play against RHP (I don't know about 2nd). Leury would be 100x more valuable if he hit RHP the way he hits LHP, and he's been especially hurt this year by how much he's had to play vs rhp since our team is already so good vs LHP all over.

And until we get Engel back, our outfield is going ot have somebody terrible every game. Just the way it is. I'm sure Lynn at least appreciates having a 2/3rds of a good defensive outfield with how much the twins elevate.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know Jake Lamb has been terrible but he really should play against RHP (I don't know about 2nd). Leury would be 100x more valuable if he hit RHP the way he hits LHP, and he's been especially hurt this year by how much he's had to play vs rhp since our team is already so good vs LHP all over.

And until we get Engel back, our outfield is going ot have somebody terrible every game. Just the way it is. I'm sure Lynn at least appreciates having a 2/3rds of a good defensive outfield with how much the twins elevate.

I have no issue with Lamb playing today -- I expected it, as he has to get his reps sometime.  I just question his placement in the lineup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

And lastly, Happ has been great for the twins and we crushed him. Pineda has outpitched his peripherals. 

All this leads up to Billy Hamilton hitting a home run tonight.

Happ was a lefty that was overperforming. We crush those guys. Righties who overperform? Not so much. We've been league average vs. RHP and #1 against LHP by 20% over the #2 team.

Just now, chw42 said:

Happ was a lefty that was overperforming. We crush those guys. Righties who overperform? Not so much. We've been league average vs. RHP and #1 against LHP by 20% over the #2 team.

Nonetheless, nobody was like "oh no we have to face happ he's having a great season".

We're going to kick pineda's ass because everyone sucks when they have to face this fucking team.

:headbang

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I get playing the bench guys, but I fundamentally disagree with how much Tony uses them.  That being said, the real problem is we need better bench guys if Tony is going to use them as often as he does.  Getting Engel back will definitely help in the OF, but I would love to find a versatile left-handed bat that could make Lamb or Leury disappear.

I don't have a problem with the amount he uses them...he just needs better bench players.  Losing 2/3rds of your OFer and your 4th OFer doesn't help.  It is a long season with a DH coming up tomorrow and the start of a LONG stretch of games.  Batting Lamb 2nd is inexcusable no matter who else is in the lineup.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Don't consider any of my posts "freaking out", just stating facts. Batting Lamb 2nd or 5th is ludicrous.

You go, Wrath of Sox Man/Math...!  Keep on keepin’ on.  Otherwise, we’ll all be forced to read The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale in order to be SoxTalk posters.

• Thanks 1