5/13: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 1:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

lamb in the 2 hole is, uh, something...

Yeah, I'd prefer him DFA'd and Grandal, or even Yasmani covering first. Or Lamb batting eighth if he "must" play.

Then again, Tony claims he is a "Franchise Type of Guy".

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

When you have a chance to bat Jake Lamb 2nd, you gotta take it!

Or fifth, that is where most HOF managers and persons would instinctually bat 2021 Jake Lamb (OPS + 52; .143 BA, .143 SLG).

I'm hoping against reality it's a "DFA Getaway" sendoff, a la Nick Williams. Hahn, please take charge, thank you.

Tony La Russa is putting my Game Thread duties to the test today, I will not be deterred by his antics.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Or fifth, that is where most HOF managers and persons would instinctually bat 2021 Jake Lamb (OPS + 52; .143 BA, .143 SLG).

I'm hoping against reality it's a "DFA Getaway" sendoff, a la Nick Williams. Hahn, please take charge, thank you.

Tony La Russa is putting my Game Thread duties to the test today, I will not be deterred by his antics.

You actually don't have to freak out about Tony every day.  It's possible

• Like 5

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Don't consider any of my posts "freaking out", just stating facts. Batting Lamb 2nd or 5th is ludicrous.

No I consider them freaking out because that's what they are.   Nobody has a bigger grudge on this board.  Lamb sucks, I don't like the guy but they see value in him.  Not TONY, the organization.  If he is here you can't bury him on the bench forever.  The end of your bench needs at bats every once in a while 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No I consider them freaking out because that's what they are.   Nobody has a bigger grudge on this board.  Lamb sucks, I don't like the guy but they see value in him.  Not TONY, the organization.  If he is here you can't bury him on the bench forever.  The end of your bench needs at bats every once in a while 

Did the organization "see value" in Nick Williams? No, Tony did. Hahn had to take him away. This is the same thing, except now they don't have the luxury of 1-2 off days per week. They need arms, not Jake Lamb. Grandal can cover 1B fine, Garcia and Mendick 3B.

I'm here to talk baseball, others like you hold grudges against those who disagree with baseball discussion. Let it go.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Did the organization "see value" in Nick Williams? No, Tony did. Hahn had to take him away. This is the same thing, except now they don't have the luxury of 1-2 off days per week. They need arms, not Jake Lamb. Grandal can cover 1B fine, Garcia and Mendick 3B.

I'm here to talk baseball, others like you hold grudges against those who disagree with baseball discussion. Let it go.

Lmao ok man.  Right on, it's everyone else and not you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Garcia doesn't make sense. He has always hit LHP better than RHP, and Madrigal actually has reverse splits.

Lamb giving Mercedes a game off makes more sense tomorrow when there's a DH.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993
  • Like 1