White Sox #1 in latest ESPN MLB ranking.

hankchifan

37 minutes ago, macsandz said:

Yeah but there's gotta be something to be found the board can complain about. 

Cease didn’t throw a shutout over at least 7 innings during his last outing!!!

Madrigal will never be good!!!!!

Hendricks hasn’t been lights out still!!!

My hemorrhoids are acting up!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Pleased to read this morning that  the White Sox are now #1 in ESPN MLB power ranking.  Getting the recognition they deserve. Even without Eloy and Robert. Amazing. Let’s keep it going!

As we should be.  Nobody has the combination of offense and pitching we've shown thus far.  The season is a marathon but the "big things" are moving into place even better than I had imagined.  Scary to think this team could get the massive boost of two all-star caliber players for a potential playoff run.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

We didn't sign Joc Pederson.

DeScalafini or Gausman would have given us the best rotation in baseball...if not already there.

Lynn is throwing exactly how Don Cooper would had he had real talent and not just the attitude and portly shape.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

DeScalafini or Gausman would have given us the best rotation in baseball...if not already there.

Lynn is throwing exactly how Don Cooper would had he had real talent and not just the attitude and portly shape.

Just throwing this out there - but if Sox signed another starter - we don't know if Rodon would be here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Just throwing this out there - but if Sox signed another starter - we don't know if Rodon would be here. 

Yeah, Boras Corp was looking for the almost guaranteed starting shot, and a struggling Lopez was his main competition...moreso than Kopech.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1 hour ago, macsandz said:

Yeah but there's gotta be something to be found the board can complain about. 

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

You’re asking for Sox fans to not complain...lol...that just isn’t going to happen, based on times like this (see 2003-2006–2008-2010-12-16) when we get just a little too overconfident or full of ourselves from the praise of national baseball media. 

Even 2005 and last year, we had a lot of late season drama.   Obviously, three of those seasons led to post season victories.  But not often enough.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

CCs podcast is a pretty good listen since somehow he came up in this thread.

I agree CC does a good job on the podcast.

And what do you mean "somehow he came up?" Are you telling me when you see the thread title "White Sox #1 in power rankings" you don't think of CC Sabathia's HOF chances? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Where did this come from? lol

If you were watching the broadcast...they were reminiscing about him on air.   Maybe Pineda’s size reminded them, can’t recall now.  At any rate, with as many new posts and positivity threads and game threads as we have flying around, it is occasionally possible to land in the wrong one.   But surely Rabbit has never done that.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If you were watching the broadcast...they were reminiscing about him on air.   Maybe Pineda’s size reminded them, can’t recall now.

What does that have to do with ESPN's power rankings though?

You got me, dude.  You got your cheap two “likes,” everything is good in the world...the thirty something millenial has delivered what we used to call “a burn” to someone now eligible for AARP discounts.   Good stuff.  You cancelled me. I’m not sure how I can go on, to be honest.

“It's not clear what started the (Hummer) fire, but when emergency crews arrived the SUV was already, as the kids say, fire. The vehicle was a total loss. Photos show it completely singed and missing the hood and windows. One fender sat forlornly on the ground nearby.”   Gotta love today’s Yahoo News contributors.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2