That's a White Sox SWEEEEEEP!

CentralChamps21

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm with you.  No reason to sell the A ball guys right now.  That's how things can unravel on a potential 5-6 year contender.  Right now team looks really strong in most areas, certainly strong enough to contend.  No team is perfect and yes flags fly forever but you don't want to shorten the window selling out for one or two years.

Let’s stop being the team that sells low on young prospects. Keep being the team that brings them over, it is how we got here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

1) A ugly win but a win is a win. The White Sox would have lost this game a few years ago. 2) I read where Jose Ramirez turned down a long term contract with the Indians  in the last week. Ramirez is a free agent at the end of the year. Cleveland has a recent history of trading there upcoming free agents.  I wonder if they are going to trade him.

I think I can make an Irish folk/drinking song out of that 1st sentence.

An ugly win but a win is a win

A win is a win , win is a win

An ugly win but a win is a win

Early in the mornin'

A pretty win for a win is a win ,

A win is a win , a win is a win

A pretty win for a win is a win ,

Early in the mornin'

Gather ye round 'cause a win is a win

A win is a win, a win is a win

Gather ye round 'cause a win is win

Early in the mornin'

Raise your glass for a win is a win,

A win is a win , a win is a win,

Raise your glass for a win is a win

It's grand ,it's grand, it's, grand !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Was at the game today. Billy Hamilton is a cult hero. Whole sections bowing down to him chanting BILLY BILLY BILLY

He's winning me over after not liking the acquisition. How can you not love the way he plays the game? Speed. Hustle. Smiles. Another win with so many highlights. Many responsible for the win. Great job.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

I loved when Hamilton made that grab in the outfield and some Twin who hit it was staring out there. I thought, "Stare all you want. You can't intimidate the Sox right now.' The Sox are so much better than the Twins, the Twins will have to shut up. I mean anything's possible, but I like the Sox in head to head matchups with the Central this year. Indians obviously so far look like the one team to 'maybe' give the Sox a game on a given night. ... Say what you want. Tony no matter if haters want to believe it or not, also gives the team some added legitimacy and stability. He's not a clown and RR was a nice guy but definitely not respected as a good manager. I kind of trust Tony to run this club the right way.

Edited by greg775

I’m really happy about the double division sweep.  I know there’s a lot of nervous-type guys on here who live and die in the micro, unable see or trust in the macro.  

If nothing else, I hope this alleviates some concerns and let’s you start enjoying the team more, or at least not freak out during the losses.  This is what a few of us have been preaching since the first blown save and TLR bad decision.  

Two words:  Be Cool

This team is absolutely effing loaded and everybody should be slurping the FO for giving us this 10-year present. 

Go Sox!

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm with you.  No reason to sell the A ball guys right now.  That's how things can unravel on a potential 5-6 year contender.  Right now team looks really strong in most areas, certainly strong enough to contend.  No team is perfect and yes flags fly forever but you don't want to shorten the window selling out for one or two years.

Agreed at this stage the front office has the luxury of time to see if Ruiz can take a step forward and if Foster, Heuer and Marshall and make the necessary adjustments. If not they'll likely add 1-2 middle relievers likely for a near mlb ready lotto ticket like Sheets, Burger or Gonzalez. Back in Feb they said mid May is when we might see Fry if there were no set backs. Come mid / late August we could have a bit of a roster crunch and be looking at something like this provided everyone stays healthy and performs

DH - Mercedes
C - Grandal#
1B - Abreu
2B - Madrigal
SS - Anderson
3B - Moncada#
LF - Jimenez
CF - Robert
RF - Vaughn / Eaton*

C - Collins*
UT - Garcia# or Mendick
OF - Engel or Hamilton

Giolito
Keuchel*
Lynn
Rodon*
Cease

Hendriks
Bummer*
Kopech
Crochet*
Heuer
Ruiz
Fry*
Foster / Marshall

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

He's winning me over after not liking the acquisition. How can you not love the way he plays the game? Speed. Hustle. Smiles. Another win with so many highlights. Many responsible for the win. Great job.

Gotta love guys who can run the bases.  Nice to see some team speed around here. Been too rare in the past.  TA, I know you're a team leader, but you should have deferred to Moncada on that popup.  It was his ball. Had me thinking of a few years ago when Beckham took out the entire right side, then he pops up as an in-game analyst.  Sorry to say, he's not that good at it.  None of the guys on Comcast are.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yermin is a monster but I think Vaughn has a last couple months and ends with a ops around the same and plays a position so gets the edge.

Please. Vaughn dreams of being the hitter Yermin is. 

11 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

I doubt Ramirez is traded this season, and if he is, I doubt even more he'd be traded within the division.

HOWEVER, imagine adding him to this team and sticking him at 2B. A package with Madrigal, Burger, Kelley, +. Maybe? 

Idk, just spit balling here because the thought of sticking him at 2 in our order for the next 3 seasons makes me drool.

If we had to face Madrigal 19 times a year people would actually have a legit reason to hate the guy

Edited by T R U
  • Like 1