May 13th Games

DirtySox

28 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2021-05-13

Kanny well on their way to win #1 as 8 batters have been walked in this first inning.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We’ll see how this plays out. 

Although 6 runs on 1 hit is impressive 

Edited by bighurt4life

Burger, 2/4 (5/24), 2B, RBI, Charlotte trying to hold onto the 3-2 lead in the 9th.

.2o8/894 OPS

4 out of 5 hits for extra bases.

Gavin Sheets with the "game winning" RBI in this one.  Burger tied it at 2-2.

Turley in to get the save.  And he does it, 3-2 Final.

Knights now 3-6.

Edited by caulfield12

Burger was such a polished hitter in college.  I'm one of the few who liked the pick at the time based on all I had read.  I actually targeted him in my mind.  It would be very interesting if he put it all together.  But then you've got the old Hawkism...where's he gonna play?

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Burger was such a polished hitter in college.  I'm one of the few who liked the pick at the time based on all I had read.  I actually targeted him in my mind.  It would be very interesting if he put it all together.  But then you've got the old Hawkism...where's he gonna play?

Corner IF...JUst probably not here, good problem to have

19 minutes ago, wegner said:

2017 was a pretty terrible draft, and Sox May very well have landed two mlb hitters out of it. 

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

Trade pieces are important too as we move along, that's for sure.

Let's just wait and see where both Burger and Yermin are at the end of the season.

Abreu and finally Vaughn's adjustment to LF/RF as well.    Burger could very easily become the 1B of the future....much bigger target compared to Vaughn, and, if you can be Gold Glove NCAA quality at 3B, should easily be able to translate it to the other corner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Hansen pitched and had 3 more walks. Dude just hasn't been able to find the plate since 2017, really sucks to see.

That said, the offense out of Birmingham is crazy. That is like a whose who of college senior picks that I forgot about years ago all crushing it. Of course Jirschele puts together a competitive team out of the worst roster.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

That said, the offense out of Birmingham is crazy. That is like a whose who of college senior picks that I forgot about years ago all crushing it. Of course Jirschele puts together a competitive team out of the worst roster.

The average age of Birmingham position players is probably like 26 though so maybe it’s that leading to greater than expected success.

but Craig Dedelows power so far 🤩

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

They hit what, four 3R HRs tonight? The Sox essentially made Birmingham the island of misfit toys this year, but they're all coming out of the gates scorching hot. Love to see it.

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

They hit what, four 3R HRs tonight? The Sox essentially made Birmingham the island of misfit toys this year, but they're all coming out of the gates scorching hot. Love to see it.

Cespedes won't be able to break into the lineup when he gets there 😁

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

The average age of Birmingham position players is probably like 26 though so maybe it’s that leading to greater than expected success.

but Craig Dedelows power so far 🤩

I've always liked Dedelow's swing, but Romy Gonzalez???  His numbers are crazy.  I get he's 24 and best case scenario is a Mendick, but...  fun.

10 hours ago, bmags said:

Romy Gonzalez could have a big league future though. He plays everywhere and has power. He reminds me of Marwin Gonzalez 

13 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Romy Gonzalez could have a big league future though. He plays everywhere and has power. He reminds me of Marwin Gonzalez 

I don't doubt it! It's more just funny to me because it seems like a collection of those college hitters that would crush great falls then be awful in full season ball and you'd never hear from them again. Then baseball disappears and they pop-up in AA better than they ever were in college or minor league ball. I'm rooting like hell for them, sox have been turning later round guys like this into real depth so not trying to crap on them at all. Just completely unexpected to me and the way I've followed the minors.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I don't doubt it! It's more just funny to me because it seems like a collection of those college hitters that would crush great falls then be awful in full season ball and you'd never hear from them again. Then baseball disappears and they pop-up in AA better than they ever were in college or minor league ball. I'm rooting like hell for them, sox have been turning later round guys like this into real depth so not trying to crap on them at all. Just completely unexpected to me and the way I've followed the minors.

We meme'd Danny Mendick into being, I vote we do it again with Romy-O and Co.