5/14: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox - Game 1 of DH 2:10 PM CDT

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Lots of fans following Tony's mask technique!

Nobody wears masks in the stands lol. They had a security lady yesterday try going around telling people to put masks on and not one listened. Just laughed at her. I felt bad for her ha.

• Like 1

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nobody wears masks in the stands lol. They had a security lady yesterday try going around telling people to put masks on and not one listened. Just laughed at her. I felt bad for her ha.

She is just trying to do her job.  Inexcusable to laugh at her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk about you, but I don't think 1/5 of every fly ball that Giolito gives up the rest of the season will go for a HR. 

Giolito was a bit unlucky today, but the Royals hit 3 fly balls to RF in Kauffman last Sunday that could have gone out. 

Just now, Texsox said:

American Airlines reported Pujols on a plane to Chicago just after the collision. 

He is a good friend of Jose...just wants to make sure he is alright.

• Haha 1

Its time to place Eaton on the IL and give Blake Rutherford a shot at some playing time in RF. He moves fairly well for a 6’ 3” 205 lb player... plays good defense... bats left handed and has solid plate discipline.

Tony LaRussa has trotted out, a number of underperforming, journeyman players in the outfield, throughout this early season. Given the unfortunate losses of Eloy Jiménez and Luis Robert) it’s time to minimally give, the former Yankees’ 1st round pick, a shot to see what he can do at the Major League level. 

If Rutherford underperforms, send him back down to Charlotte. If he performs well, the added benefit is showcasing him as a potential trade chip when Robert and/or Jiménez returns to the WS everyday lineup. 

Edited by mharkins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

This isn't directed at you but if you're vaccinated, why does anyone care? Why would I care if other people are wearing masks I am immunized? Who cares if LaRussa, a vaccinated person, is breathing through his nose in a dugout full of vaccinated people? It's so tired hearing about the fans and players wearing masks and how they're wearing them. No one cares. People should worry about themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This isn't directed at you but if you're vaccinated, why does anyone care? Why would I care if other people are wearing masks I am immunized? Who cares if LaRussa, a vaccinated person, is breathing through his nose in a dugout full of vaccinated people? It's so tired hearing about the fans and players wearing masks and how they're wearing them. No one cares. People should worry about themselves. 

Oh I agree. I'm vaccinated and don't wear a mask in the stands. Just felt bad for the lady in a job she had no chance succeeding at.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Oh I agree. I'm vaccinated and don't wear a mask in the stands. Just felt bad for the lady in a job she had no chance succeeding at.

Yeah Sox employees have been really cool in my six games. I hear at the Cubs game you have a bunch of seniors yelling at you to wear a mask between sips of your beer.

• raBBit unpinned this topic