5/14: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox - Game 1 of DH 2:10 PM CDT

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This is the new norm. Regardless of COVID. Manfred just used COVID to change the game to make it, in his mind, more appealing to people who don't watch the game. You agree with me that you don't want it so I don't know what the issue is. 

My point is there would be many games likely outright cancelled, over both years, if the owners and players did not reach a rare compromise, for the good of the overall game.

To me, the 10th inning runner on second is a far greater alteration of the game. Out of reasonableness, I understand and can accept it this and last year, don't want to see it permanent. Shortened games (weather, sunlight/darkness) have existed throughout MLB history. Runner on 2nd to start an inning, not so much.

Peace

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Madrigal all the way down to a 696 ops and still inconsistent defense...

Needs to hit line drives, plain and simple. Way too many lazy fly outs of late, and it seems he never pulls the ball anymore.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

My point is there would be many games likely outright cancelled, over both years, if the owners and players did not reach a rare compromise, for the good of the overall game.

To me, the 10th inning runner on second is a far greater alteration of the game. Out of reasonableness, I understand and can accept it this and last year, don't want to see it permanent. Shortened games (weather, sunlight/darkness) have existed throughout MLB history. Runner on 2nd to start an inning, not so much.

Peace

Hot take, in a fan of the 7 inning DH

• Like 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic