Tyler Flowers retires

Buehrle>Wood

On 5/15/2021 at 12:44 AM, ron883 said:

Too many norcos?

Probably.  I'm down to my final five. 

I was trying to think of my top ten Tyler Flowers moments.  Then, that seemed like too much,  so top three. Then as I was really concentrating I realized, I forget everything about him. I couldn't come up with one memory of T Flo. 

That's the kind of player you have to respect. He never made a big mistake. I'm going to remember Tyler as the guy I couldn't remember. 

36 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Always like T-Flo.  Met him at Spring Training and he was a really nice, and really large dude. If I had to sum him up with the first phrase that comes to mind I'd say "larger than expected."

Same experience. He is one of the only people I've ever met where their forearms caught my attention. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, raBBit said:

Same experience. He is one of the only people I've ever met where their forearms caught my attention. 

Story trigger. My first wife was an xray tech at Lake Forrest. I was picking her up after work and wound up in a waiting room with Bears QB Steve Fuller. (Who was not very big). While we were talking Keith Van Horn ducked through the massive doorway. Holy crap. Biggest human I’ve ever been next to. I said to Steve you are underpaid with guys his size chasing you. When I read years ago Van Horn was part of a group suing the NFL for pain meds practices I remember how mangled his hands were. Every bone had been broken at least once. Plus the other broken bones. The NFL line is brutal.