5/14: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox Game 2: 7:10 PM CDT

11 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Yep, it’s ‘unwritten’. It’s my biggest contribution to SoxTalk, ~15ish years ago, the GT starter stuff. Man, I feel old now.

I only figured out that rule this year...I feel dumb...I started a game thread a couple of years ago and I hope I didn't cut in front of them.  I also don't remember if they won because I definitely did not start the next one or any others ever.

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Proof?

Go find the archives from the 2005 and 2006 seasons on SoxTalk, that don't exist anymore due to site upgrades. When it was first created, I used to also keep a table showing every poster's record at starting GTs all year, as a 'contest'.

• Like 1

I'm glad I cracked open a cold one before the game after seeing that lineup.  Well, Kopech should be fun to watch anyways.  And that lineup will probably end up scoring 7 minimum 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm glad I cracked open a cold one before the game after seeing that lineup.  Well, Kopech should be fun to watch anyways.  And that lineup will probably end up scoring 7 minimum 😁

glad i saw the lineup before i made the beer run, now i can double up.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Haha

Whatcha drinking tonight Chitown?

I'm planning on getting pretty lit so going to get a sixer of Fremont "Interurban IPA" and then maybe tack on a nice dry cider or something.  Not a huge IPA guy anymore, tastebuds are burnt out on hops, but that beer is an all time favorite.  If you're ever on the west coast try it, it's one of the most balanced, quaffable IPAs I've had, and lord knows I've sampled some.

Seeing as Rutherford is on the 40 man, and Eaton is barely a functional OFer right now, I'm surprised we haven't tried to get Eaton on the DL, and let Rutherford fill in for now. Not like Eaton brings tangibles to the team right now, that can't be provided by others.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm planning on getting pretty lit so going to get a sixer of Fremont "Interurban IPA" and then maybe tack on a nice dry cider or something.  Not a huge IPA guy anymore, tastebuds are burnt out on hops, but that beer is an all time favorite.  If you're ever on the west coast try it, it's one of the most balanced, quaffable IPAs I've had, and lord knows I've sampled some.

As Captain America would say..."I'll put it on the list."

I hope it's a Kopech led enjoyable win along with the drinks.

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Good thing the doc has me on Norco or I'd be unhappy with this lineup. 

I don't like seeing four or five different lineups each week.  I don't think guys get into a rhythm and rarely do you have your best lineup playing together. It's more of a defensive thing. I want guys working together regularly. That means starting a few bench players at the same time instead of four different lineups in one series. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I'm fine with lineup.

Fucking piranha them to death in 7 innings. 

I get it.....

No Abreu, no Eloy, no Luis, We have got to give Tim his rest

If the royals don't score,  they can't win.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I'm fine with lineup.

Fucking piranha them to death in 7 innings. 

I get it.....

No Abreu, no Eloy, no Luis, We have got to give Tim his rest

I see him coming in late if needed. Same with Grandal.