3. Yoan Moncada (S) 3B
4. Yermin Mercedes (R) DH
5. Adam Eaton (L) RF
6. Andrew Vaughn (R) 1B
7. Zack Collins (L) C
8. Billy Hamilton (S) CF
9. Danny Mendick (R) SS
SP: Michael Kopech

Considering that we lost Jose in game one, how in the world do you sit Tim AND Grandal. Throw Grandal at 1st, Vaughn in LF, Mendick in RF, Tim at SS, and sit Leury and Eaton. I don't care if this was what you drew up this morning, you can't have a lineup that is 50% back up players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Leury at #2...🤢

Tony likes a certain type at that spot, also worries about trying for L R split every two spots.

Would like this lineup:

1. 2B Madrigal
  2. SS Mendick
  3. 3B Moncada #
  4. DH Mercedes
  5. 1B Vaughn
  6. C Collins ^
  7. RF Eaton ^
  8. LF Garcia #
  9. CF Hamilton #

Also agree with your assessment @gusguyman.

Perhaps Tim needs the rest and that’s fine, but definitely agree Grandal can play first, shifting Vaughn to LF. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men

23 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Considering that we lost Jose in game one, how in the world do you sit Tim AND Grandal. Throw Grandal at 1st, Vaughn in LF, Mendick in RF, Tim at SS, and sit Leury and Eaton. I don't care if this was what you drew up this morning, you can't have a lineup that is 50% back up players.

Yes, I like sprinkling in 1-2 backups per game, vs. 3-4 one game and all starters for two games. The Chicago White Sox still haven't posted their lineup on the Twitter feed, could be a PR guy taking a break between games, or perhaps the lineup isn't final.

Here is the lineup from the Royals (EDIT - And White Sox - no changes from OG Post):

Nothing against @South Side Hit Men, but shouldn’t someone else be starting this thread given we lost game 1?  Not sure if double-headers have special rules, but I wouldn’t temp the baseball gods after a game 1 that included a shitty Giotilo performance, a Nicky Two K’s game, and an injury to MVPito.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing against @South Side Hit Men, but shouldn’t someone else be starting this thread given we lost game 1?  Not sure if double-headers have special rules, but I wouldn’t temp the baseball gods after a game 1 that included a shitty Giotilo performance, a Nicky Two K’s game, and an injury to MVPito.

Didn't know the rules, just so I and everyone else knows, typically someone new starts the thread after any loss?

Hoping another 6 game win streak happens, will definitely not start one in the future if this is the standard / tradition, doubleheaders or otherwise.

The win streak / same poster concept was also new to me (and likely others) who joined late last season or in the off-season. 

• Like 1

Yeah, typically, once the Sox lose, your GT starting duties are over, for some period of time.

That being said, seeing that lineup, I’m not sure anyone else would voluntarily start the GT, with the odds stacked against them so badly, so let it roll

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Didn't know the rules, just so I and everyone else knows, typically someone new starts the thread after any loss?

Hoping another 6 game win streak happens, will definitely not start one in the future if this is the standard / tradition, doubleheaders or otherwise.

The win streak / same poster concept was also new to me (and likely others) who joined late last season or in the off-season. 

It’s all good brother, you had an awesome win streak, but yes typically someone else takes game thread responsibilities after a loss.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

Yeah, typically, once the Sox lose, your GT starting duties are over, for some period of time.

That being said, seeing that lineup, in not sure anyone else would voluntarily start the GT, with the odds stacked against them so badly, so let it roll

Lol...that’s probably a good call.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yep, it’s ‘unwritten’. It’s my biggest contribution to SoxTalk, ~15ish years ago, the GT starter stuff. Man, I feel old now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

That being said, seeing that lineup, in not sure anyone else would voluntarily start the GT, with the odds stacked against them so badly, so let it roll

Thanks. I'm heading to Vegas Tuesday, but can still keep the thread going if a four game streak is in place,

Otherwise I'll hold off jumping back into the mix until June or July, if a spot opens up. Hoping for lots of winning streaks this year, and several posters carrying streaks beyond six games.

Go White Sox!!!