Steve Stone / Yoan Moncada's "Lack of Effort and Interest"

5 hours ago, Lillian said:

Is it possible that La Russa, Hahn, or someone else in the organization, is using Stone to deliver a message to Moncada? Perhaps he has been criticized by management, but it hasn't been effective and this is simply another way to make the point. I have no idea, just wondering. This has to be coming from somewhere. I don't believe that Stone is simply inventing this public criticism, all on his own, for no reason.

They moved him to the 3 spot in the order because he lacks interest and effort?

As far as I know, Steve and Jason haven’t had access to the players in well over a year. They aren’t even making road trips. This is Stoney going off on his own. Pretty rich for a guy who posed for Playgirl to hate on another guy who advertises himself as a pimp.  

• Fire 3

Look at aggressive Moncada attacking that lead while lazy Abreu gives his RBI chance up by leaning into a pitch.  

Just joking, all.  Great bottom of the 9th all around. 

Abreu scoring on that pitch was quite impressive, but I don’t think we call it a good play if he’s out. 

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yoan blowing that stop sign is 100% related to Steve Stones big mouth. Stay in your lane Steve.

That’s what I was thinking. Same with that head first slide yesterday (think yesterday) into first. 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, Lillian said:

I have no idea what is inside Yoan Moncada's head and heart.

On 5/15/2021 at 10:08 AM, Lillian said:

Moncada strikes me as the type of guy who might not be able to stay highly motivated, after getting a big long term contract.

🙄

• Fire 3