Steve Stone / Yoan Moncada's "Lack of Effort and Interest"

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You realize the only non~minority on the list is Hendry, right?   A bit of an unusual pattern.  Especially with Hispanic players and coaches. 

I noted Hendry, not because there was noted public criticism or personal attacks by Stone of Hendry, but based on Hendry's quote regarding Stone's admission of the personal nature of Stone's attacks against Baker and several players in the Cubs organization. Stone had a chance to respond and challenge Hendry's public comments, but instead dug in stating "I regret nothing", and then later stated he was moving on and refused to comment.

Stone (no checkmark, keeps losing it for how he conducts himself on Twitter)  tweeted a few weeks ago that he would have worked in a front office. However, he sat unemployed, no front office job, after leaving the Cubs beyond his PT Score gig, where he of course developed a feud with his co-host (though Mark Murphy is also a tool). Jerry, the employer of last resort, brought him into radio and then the TV booth, where Stone then developed a well noted feud with his legendary play by play partner, including engaging in a "slap fight" with the 71 year old. Hawk retired and was then elected to the BBHOF for Broadcasting Excellence. 

26 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I noted Hendry, not because there was noted public criticism or personal attacks by Stone of Hendry, but based on Hendry's quote regarding Stone's admission of the personal nature of Stone's attacks against Baker and several players in the Cubs organization. Stone had a chance to respond and challenge Hendry's public comments, but instead dug in stating "I regret nothing", and then later stated he was moving on and refused to comment.

Stone (no checkmark, keeps losing it for how he conducts himself on Twitter)  tweeted a few weeks ago that he would have worked in a front office. However, he sat unemployed, no front office job, after leaving the Cubs beyond his PT Score gig, where he of course developed a feud with his co-host (though Mark Murphy is also a tool). Jerry, the employer of last resort, brought him into radio and then the TV booth, where Stone then developed a well noted feud with his legendary play by play partner, including engaging in a "slap fight" with the 71 year old. Hawk retired and was then elected to the BBHOF for Broadcasting Excellence. 

You realize the “slap fight” article is from The Heckler.  The Heckler is satire ala The Onion.   

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You realize the only non~minority on the list is Hendry, right?   A bit of an unusual pattern.  Especially with Hispanic players and coaches. 

He goes after everyone regardless of that list. It's Steve Stone. But no I'm sure he's racist for going after noted minority Lou Piniella, just like Steve Lyons.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What the hell is this about? Recording a music video in the off-season. Please.

Have actual links to support this, or just another unsubstantiated rumors and innuendos lobbed at Moncada?

It stemmed from the offseason before 2020 during the pandemic (partying with Johnny Manziel of all people). Not this offseason. On that note I did see him out at a party last night. I dont think any of it is a big deal Fwiw nor do I care. Stone will always a find ways to be critical. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seems impossible to evaluate from the outside whether Yoan "doesn't care" and while he's certainly no Charlie Hustle, it's not like it's very easy to tell whether some of his issues are due to something fixable or if he's just not the kind of person who is going to be super consistent at anything he does.

53 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Madrigal ISO: .120

Moncada ISO: .124

Discuss. 

Scary, but Abreu’s .108 for a nearly completed June is really scary since we have been able to take his power for granted.

I’d like to see Abreu get Friday off for two days of rest, with Grandal at 1B and Collins catching Rodon. At minimum let him DH. Still has to be banged up from all the injury bad luck he’s had like bats thrown at him, a few days may clear his head a bit and come back with a better approach for outside pitches.

Was encouraged he walked on a bad pitch today, when he has been trying to force the issue trying too hard. 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:40 AM, Chick Mercedes said:

He’s still got the Covid long haul. Yeah thats it.

I believe this is the case.

The brain fog thing can last a long time along other nagging ailments. 

I had it a while back.

I've been fully vaccinated since but it really does take quite a while to get over it.

Kudos to Yo-Yo for being out there and fighting through it !!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GradMc said:

I believe this is the case.

The brain fog thing can last a long time along other nagging ailments. 

I had it a while back.

I've been fully vaccinated since but it really does take quite a while to get over it.

Kudos to Yo-Yo for being out there and fighting through it !!

OTOH, Freeman almost died from it but managed to have a strong 2020. Not so much this year. 

Edited by caulfield12

16 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Tim Anderson dogs it more to first base than anyone.... just saying.

Not that I care but he is no better than moancada.

Anderson runs until he sees the infield make the throw. Given the status of the teams hamstrings I am okay with that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...