5/15: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 CDT

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Diving just isn't faster. It's wasted motion and deceleration 

I think you can do it correctly where diving would be faster. Problem is, most people can’t do it. 

Think about an outfielder diving to make a catch, where the glove is right above the ground. You think if they just ran without diving, their feet would get to that spot quicker? If so, then wouldn’t everyone just run without diving and catch the ball in the air when their feet get to that spot?

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I think you can do it correctly where diving would be faster. Problem is, most people can’t do it. 

Think about an outfielder diving to make a catch, where the glove is right above the ground. You think if they just ran without diving, their feet would get to that spot quicker? If so, then wouldn’t everyone just run without diving and catch the ball in the air when their feet get to that spot?

Well no, because If they ran through the ball they wouldn't be able to get their glove in position. You dive to get your glove as extended as possible to reach the baseball. If you ran through you would be split second faster but no chance to reach the baseball 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

That's what they did before TV

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Would have gone out in a day game...

Bernstein was making a point yesterday about how the Sox really need to make sure they’re not getting out homered at GRF when it gets hot out. Sounds simple enough but they’re not really set up to hit a ton of bombs.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Yikes. I thought this would be a series where we could fatten our record before the tough teams come. 

Let’s be honest, it was ridiculous they even won last night with 5 of their main guys out.  This was a terribly constructed lineup once again tonight and continuing to wait for the great Adam Engel to fix everything seems foolish.