Minor League Catch-All 2021

DirtySox

Adley rutschman has really turned it on in AA. After striking out like 35% in the first week his K rate is now down to 18% (15% since game 7) with a 20% walk rate and 8 homers with a 293 avg. 

He is looking really good right now but for the orioles that is a bit uncomfortable as they kinda try to slow cook their prospects and bring up all the guys together which will be hard to Justify if he keeps that up another 2 months 

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So who can tell me what's going on with Elijah Tatis ? He should be 19 now. Has he filled out a little bit ? Is he playing anywhere ? Is he also having "visa" issues ?

Pretty sure he is in Arizona. Plenty of pictures of him on Twitter. Hector Gomez tweets about him a lot.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Pretty sure he is in Arizona. Plenty of pictures of him on Twitter. Hector Gomez tweets about him a lot.

I don't think there were any expectations of his playing on a full season team, right?  Probably destined for the AZ half  season team.

I'd like to think they would want him in full season ball asap. He is already 19 and 20 in September.

Fernando Tatis, Jr. is still only 22 made it to AA when he was 18 . The hype we have heard from Tatis Sr. is he thinks Elijah is more talented than Fernando, Jr. I know less teams makes it harder but he is one of the more interesting names I'd like to follow and to see him in full season ball.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd like to think they would want him in full season ball asap. He is already 19 and 20 in September.

Fernando Tatis, Jr. is still only 22 made it to AA when he was 18 . The hype we have heard from Tatis Sr. is he thinks Elijah is more talented than Fernando, Jr. I know less teams makes it harder but he is one of the more interesting names I'd like to follow and to see him in full season ball.

When did Tatis Sr. state that? I assume that it was before Jr. became a super star.

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

When did Tatis Sr. state that? I assume that it was before Jr. became a super star.

I think Sr said elijah had more physical talent but not quite the work ethic of his brother. 

Not sure how much we can give on that though. 

We probably shouldn't expect that outcome with any prospect though, if he becomes an mlb regular that would be a success story. 

20 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I think Sr said elijah had more physical talent but not quite the work ethic of his brother. 

Not sure how much we can give on that though. 

We probably shouldn't expect that outcome with any prospect though, if he becomes an mlb regular that would be a success story. 

I agree, and if Elijah could be become half the player that Jr. is, it would be a great signing. However, I would still find it interesting to know when Sr. made that statement. After all, if he thought that Elijah had more talent, before he himself realized that Jr. was to become a phenom, the statement would be far less impressive.

13 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I agree, and if Elijah could be become half the player that Jr. is, it would be a great signing. However, I would still find it interesting to know when Sr. made that statement. After all, if he thought that Elijah had more talent, before he himself realized that Jr. was to become a phenom, the statement would be far less impressive.

Maybe that was a bit of fatherly motivation to his still-teenage son.