Minor League Catch-All 2021

DirtySox

15 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Sox now have one remaining player from their first 6 picks in the 2018 draft -- Stiever, who was shelled again tonight.  Hope remains for Bilous, Davis Martin, Luke Schilling, Romy Gonzalez, Lane Ramsey, and I guess Cabera Weaver, but he hasn't shown much yet.

That’s really interesting.  We basically got 1.2 years of Kimbrel, 1.2 years of Hernandez, 1.0 years of Mazara, plus whatever Stiever gives us out of the first six rounds.  Not sure how to think of it when viewed through that lens, but at least there are some other guys like you mentioned where hope remains.

• Like 1

Nice validation for some performances that felt like they stood out.

Mentioned it a few times, but sosas numbers since 6/1 are excellent and consistent. Seems like since he adjusted he’s taken off. AA is tough and Kanny was tough for him, so if he hits the ground running that’s encouraging but not necessary 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:07 PM, BamaDoc said:

Worth repeating but Norge Vera listed as pitching one inning today for the DSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  no runs  3k!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely a good result, but he is 21 playing against 16-19 year old Domenican guys. He really shouldn't be in that league but in full season low A ball. 

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's not coming state side this year. 

Yeah I get that. I was just stating that the DSL is not really appropriate to his skill and experience level. But it is still throwing some innings under somewhat competitive circumstances so it is better than nothing. The real test will be next year though. 

4 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's all fine and dandy but he was old for his draft class!

Yeah but he is young for AAA. Being old for a draft class is a negative predictor and model based drafting teams do target young guys but if you are really powerful already as a HS player it might not matter so much. 

Edited by Dominikk85

On 8/18/2021 at 4:14 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s exactly what the Baseball America guest said on a recent FutureSox podcast.

It’s very disappointing, I wasn’t expecting a lot from any of the prep arms from the 2020 draft coming after a year with no minors but it’s very disappointing. Considering that he’s a $3M player. 

• Like 1