Minor League Catch-All 2021

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, this is what he posted.  Maybe I’m missing something here:

@bmags - Just in case you didn’t see, this is what he posted on Twitter.  Perhaps the diagnosis was wrong or I’m totally misinterpreting something?  He basically didn’t pitch for a month, but you’re right that he pitched tonight.  Very strange.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

@bmags - Just in case you didn’t see, this is what he posted on Twitter.  Perhaps the diagnosis was wrong or I’m totally misinterpreting something?  He basically didn’t pitch for a month, but you’re right that he pitched tonight.  Very strange.

Yeah that’s why I responded. He definitely said he tore his UCL and I never saw anything new. Weird if he’s pitching with it.

• Like 1

There is another Cuban signing that Getz believes has been beneficial for 21-year-old Venezuelan infielder Lenyn Sosa. Twenty-four-year-old infielder Yolbert Sánchez has since been promoted to Double-A Birmingham (and started very hot there), but while he was still in Winston-Salem, Getz believes his use of his lower half to swing “with intent,” rubbed off on Sosa, whose previous calling card was a ton of contact but not much power. Sánchez’s own aggression will need to be curbed a bit at the higher levels and is not the perfect model. But with a bit more aggression and leverage on display, Sosa has already set a new career-high with nine home runs and is hitting .283/.311/.428 while mixing in at both up-the-middle positions. Sosa’s strikeouts have ticked up this year and he’s yet to be a dominant force at any professional stop yet, but showing an expanded offensive toolkit after a mostly lost 2020 season offers some confidence about him realizing a utilityman role.

From Fegan's very detailed, very excellent prospect write up

• Thanks 1

Sox now have one remaining player from their first 6 picks in the 2018 draft -- Stiever, who was shelled again tonight.  Hope remains for Bilous, Davis Martin, Luke Schilling, Romy Gonzalez, Lane Ramsey, and I guess Cabera Weaver, but he hasn't shown much yet.