5/17 White Sox (Keuchel) v. Twins (Happ) Thread

bmags

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

As bad as this lineup looks is still better than most from the last ten years. Oh how we suffered.

I was about to consider us getting swept and then I saw the Twins lineup. Donaldson, Cruz, and Polanco can rake, but the rest is meh. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No @soxfan49 today?

Hope Jose gets some rest and the Sox can take two of three with him out. Hoping Eaton can play tomorrow to keep Garcia and Hamilton from both being in the lineup.

Go Sox!

You know it’s bad when we look forward to Eaton returning to the lineup.

• Haha 2

I will be there tonight (and tomorrow) cheering on the boys!  Lets get a dub!  Sad to see Jose will miss the series.  

Twins have a career infielder playing center tonight tho cuz Kepler got hurt yesterday too.  They're just as banged up as we are.  Let's find a way to get a W tonight! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Totally understandable if we have trouble generating runs and if that happens, expect the same sour bunch here calling the Sox a bunch of losers 🙄

Minnesota has a worse lineup than us and worse pitching matchups this series. No reason for us to not be competitive at the very least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

As bad as this lineup looks is still better than most from the last ten years. Oh how we suffered.

Good reminder that this was our roster in 2019. We're just two years removed from an outfield that featured names like Cordell, Skole, Palka, Tilson, and Jay.

Two years. We're pretty spoiled that we only have to complain about 2-3 spots on the roster.

Screenshot_20210517-184732.png

• Thanks 1

Honestly, the top 5 of the lineup isn't bad at all. Grandal at 6 is okayish. 7-9 obviously horrid.

We really don't have any kids we can give a shot in the minors over what we are trotting out there??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Honestly, the top 5 of the lineup isn't bad at all. Grandal at 6 is okayish. 7-9 obviously horrid.

We really don't have any kids we can give a shot in the minors over what we are trotting out there??

Sheets and Rutherford I'd be down giving a brief stint to if/when Eaton ends up on IL.

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Garfein said in the pre game that Vaughn is likely playing 1B the whole series.

Which is dumb. TLR is too rigid to play Grandal and Collins at the same time. Against righties they should both be in the lineup with Vaughn.

• Like 1