5/17 White Sox (Keuchel) v. Twins (Happ) Thread

bmags

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

It’s called a secondary lead. There’s no reason for any runner to be within 6 feet of 1st base as the pitch is released. This is little league 101 stuff. 

yea i watched the play again and already edited my post. it was a dumb point. concede.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you imagine how good the Sox will be when Robert and Jimenez are healthy and Giolito gets his shit figured out? My lord.

I have faith that  Katz/Giolito will get the release point issues figured out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

The best part about that Stone take is he would block you on Twitter if you made an equally asinine comment about practically any other starter and rip you for being overly negative 

That's the rub.  I don't GAF if you have hot takes, hot takes are fun, lord knows I have a ton, but to just block instead of enjoying the back and forth -- what a loser.  he's the sort of person that is sadly becoming more and more prevalent online.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hawk would have called him on his BS, Jason never will.

TBH this is the only good criticism I've really heard of Benetti. He's otherwise really good. Admittedly, he's liable to get offtopic and he provides a lighter, nerdier touch to the game than a lot of announcers. But IMO those are HUGE positiives. I watch a lot of games and I hate all the dry and lifeless announcing I hear around the league. And I don't think I'm alone in this opinion: there's a reason ESPN is tapping him to call prime-time games in like three different sports.

But he doesn't call out Stone on his weird vendettas given that he's understandably insecure about correcting a Cy Young winner with fifty years of baseball experience. And I have loved steve stone for years overall, even though he blocked me on twitter lmao. But he does occasionally spout some bullshit that needs correcting. 

• Like 1

Stone is an asshole but he's still one of the best announcers in the game and is incredibly knowledgeable.  I don't want him going anywhere.  I just wish he wasn't a dick, but what can you do.

Expecting Jason to call him out in the booth in the middle of the game is just not going to happen.  No professional is going to do that.

• Like 1