5/17 White Sox (Keuchel) v. Twins (Happ) Thread

bmags

Just now, Green Line said:

Stone is an asshole but he's still one of the best announcers in the game and is incredibly knowledgeable.  I don't want him going anywhere.  I just wish he wasn't a dick, but what can you do.

Expecting Jason to call him out in the booth in the middle of the game is just not going to happen.  No professional is going to do that.

Jason doesn't have to be a dbag about it. But something like, "eh, are you sure Moncada could have gotten back given where that was hit?" as a cordial follow-up question is beyond reasonable in that situation. It's certainly not a life or death situation by any means.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Stone is an asshole but he's still one of the best announcers in the game and is incredibly knowledgeable.  I don't want him going anywhere.  I just wish he wasn't a dick, but what can you do.

Expecting Jason to call him out in the booth in the middle of the game is just not going to happen.  No professional is going to do that.

Maybe they should go with someone with a less abrasive personality....like AJ 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris Sale said:

Jason doesn't have to be a dbag about it. But something like, "eh, are you sure Moncada could have gotten back given where that was hit?" as a cordial follow-up question is beyond reasonable in that situation. It's certainly not a life or death situation by any means.

Stone would for sure block him for a light comment like that.  He doesn't do criticism lol.

Why do we have Mendick AND Hamilton bunting hitting back to back... Mendick has more power than the guy that just hit the HR.... Hamilton went 4-4 off this pitcher last week. Happ is struggling with pitch count. There's nobody on base and we are up three. I'm not as adamantly anti-bunting as everyone else in sabermetric baseball (the Eaton bunt didn't thrill me but didn't make me scream at the TV in the ninth inning either)

Like actually this is maybe the most confusing TLR move yet