Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
caulfield12

How to Crush the AL, Rick Hahn...creating a true superteam

Recommended Posts

1) Trade for Jonathan Gray of the Rockies (FA after this year, only $6 million contract) or German Marquez.   Marquez is a mess right now, so there's probably not a match, but he has the extra years of control.  Depends on scouting/Katz assessment.

Willing to trade ANYONE not nailed down in the organization, other than Burger (have a sneaking feeling his bat and 3b/1B glove will come in quite handy eventually)...plus the Rockies already have McMahon for third.

Obviously, Reynaldo Lopez would be one to ship out, along with ANY minor league pitching.  Depending on their feelings about Cespedes, the Rockies could definitely use another outfielder as well in the future.

 

2)  Bring up Alec Hansen, DFA/outright Marshall or Ruiz and allow the two former OU teammates (Gray/Hansen) to work together again.  Hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

 

3)  Buy out the rights to QB/CFer Kyler Murray (the third OU connection) from the A's and let him play everyday at Winston-Salem.  Play up the PR spin and marketing connections to two sport standouts like Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Tim Tebow and Eddie Alvarez (haha)   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multi-sport_athletes

Prepare for total world domination with an OF in 2024 of Murray, Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert, Cespedes and Colas.

 

 

4)  The key point.   Start working with the agents for Lynn, Gray and Rodon (difficult with Boras Corp.) on an extension for 2-3 seasons.  Likely 3.

Can use that leverage to see if you can get Giolito to bite on an extension as well (with the leverage of knowing you will get at least 1/3 or go the route of 1 or 2 qualifying offers for Lynn/Gray/Rodon), although with his extreme volatility doubt JR will be offering $125 million in light of the Danks fiasco.   Of course, those qualifying offers (if they survive CBA negotiations) would get some potentially useful compensation back if only one of the players accepted (you could see them working behind the scenes with Rodon to offer knowing Boras will politely decline will chasing after the 2-4 year deals on behalf of his client.)

If you can trade for Marquez, you already control his rights for 2 1/2 seasons in a prototypical "Jose Contreras/change of atmosphere or scenery deal."   JUST $26 million for 2022/23 combined, so you're protected by the $2.5 million buyout (otherwise $16 million in 2024 with two Top 5 Cy Young finishes, which any organization in baseball would be extremely elated to pay $16 million in exchange for.)

 

5.  With three OU players in the fold, this doesn't mean you also need to go after REAL Steele Walker (yet another OU player), just in case Hahn had that hankering for a reunion.

This also allows you to take a little more time and strategizing in terms of converting Crochet to starting (knowing you can throw Colas into the mix in 2022-23.)

 

6.  With Kyler Murray playing baseball, Tim Anderson, Luis Robert, Eloy Jimenez, Yoan Moncada, Nicky Two Homers/Two Strikes Madrigal, the Yerminator, the Burger Baconator, "even more Cubans (Colas adding to the LHR corps with Bummer/Fry/Crochet)," Michael Kopech, etc., you suddenly have the most entertaining/interesting team in all of baseball (yes, ahead of the Padres shockingly) and krush the groove out of the Cubs and Marquee Network with playoff appearance after playoff appearance so boring it's like being an Atlanta Braves fan in the 90's and early 00's.   Ricketts needs to sell off developments in Wrigleyville to raise cash for 2024 run, JR buys them all out and reallocates the profits from yuppie Cubs' fans from the NW Suburbs and grandmothers from Des Moines, Peoria and South Bend to the White Sox "war chest/coffers."

 

 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

4D69DA9F-089E-4C4D-9530-F99B97DB845C.jpeg

Drugs other than caffeine and nicotine are not allowed in China.  Death penalty, brah, ever heard of it?   It serves as a pretty effective deterrent for MOST foreigners or expats here.  Although there are some teachers who want to get cute and start their own drug (marijuana or E mostly) distribution networks until they get caught, which is almost the inevitable, inexorable conclusion to such entrepreneurial side gig endeavors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1) Trade for Jonathan Gray of the Rockies (FA after this year, only $6 million contract) or German Marquez.   Marquez is a mess right now, so there's probably not a match, but he has the extra years of control.  Depends on scouting/Katz assessment.

Willing to trade ANYONE not nailed down in the organization, other than Burger (have a sneaking feeling his bat and 3b/1B glove will come in quite handy eventually)...plus the Rockies already have McMahon for third.

Obviously, Reynaldo Lopez would be one to ship out, along with ANY minor league pitching.  Depending on their feelings about Cespedes, the Rockies could definitely use another outfielder as well in the future.

 

2)  Bring up Alec Hansen, DFA/outright Marshall or Ruiz and allow the two former OU teammates (Gray/Hansen) to work together again.  Hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

 

3)  Buy out the rights to QB/CFer Kyler Murray (the third OU connection) from the A's and let him play everyday at Winston-Salem.  Play up the PR spin and marketing connections to two sport standouts like Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Tim Tebow and Eddie Alvarez (haha)   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multi-sport_athletes

Prepare for total world domination with an OF in 2024 of Murray, Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert, Cespedes and Colas.

 

 

4)  The key point.   Start working with the agents for Lynn, Gray and Rodon (difficult with Boras Corp.) on an extension for 2-3 seasons.  Likely 3.

Can use that leverage to see if you can get Giolito to bite on an extension as well (with the leverage of knowing you will get at least 1/3 or go the route of 1 or 2 qualifying offers for Lynn/Gray/Rodon), although with his extreme volatility doubt JR will be offering $125 million in light of the Danks fiasco.   Of course, those qualifying offers (if they survive CBA negotiations) would get some potentially useful compensation back if only one of the players accepted (you could see them working behind the scenes with Rodon to offer knowing Boras will politely decline will chasing after the 2-4 year deals on behalf of his client.)

If you can trade for Marquez, you already control his rights for 2 1/2 seasons in a prototypical "Jose Contreras/change of atmosphere or scenery deal."   JUST $26 million for 2022/23 combined, so you're protected by the $2.5 million buyout (otherwise $16 million in 2024 with two Top 5 Cy Young finishes, which any organization in baseball would be extremely elated to pay $16 million in exchange for.)

 

5.  With three OU players in the fold, this doesn't mean you also need to go after REAL Steele Walker (yet another OU player), just in case Hahn had that hankering for a reunion.

This also allows you to take a little more time and strategizing in terms of converting Crochet to starting (knowing you can throw Colas into the mix in 2022-23.)

 

6.  With Kyler Murray playing baseball, Tim Anderson, Luis Robert, Eloy Jimenez, Yoan Moncada, Nicky Two Homers/Two Strikes Madrigal, the Yerminator, the Burger Baconator, "even more Cubans (Colas adding to the LHR corps with Bummer/Fry/Crochet)," Michael Kopech, etc., you suddenly have the most entertaining/interesting team in all of baseball (yes, ahead of the Padres shockingly) and krush the groove out of the Cubs and Marquee Network with playoff appearance after playoff appearance so boring it's like being an Atlanta Braves fan in the 90's and early 00's.   Ricketts needs to sell off developments in Wrigleyville to raise cash for 2024 run, JR buys them all out and reallocates the profits from yuppie Cubs' fans from the NW Suburbs and grandmothers from Des Moines, Peoria and South Bend to the White Sox "war chest/coffers."

 

 

This can’t be a post

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

OF in 2024 of Murray, Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert, Cespedes and Colas.

 

 I think we will be set in the outfield without acquiring any outfielders after this season

Robert, Eloy and Engel returning plus Cespy, Colas, and Vaughn who is even showing he could play RF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tray said:

 I think we will be set in the outfield without acquiring any outfielders after this season

Robert, Eloy and Engel returning plus Cespy, Colas, and Vaughn who is even showing he could play RF.

 

Going by normal bust rates, especially in that lower price range, we're lucky to get one useful player out of Cespedes and Colas...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

This can’t be a post

More like a rambling rough draft of brainstorms that needs to be polished quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting something awesome like go get Bryce Harper, and instead the plan is trade for a starter who isn’t materially better than what we currently have in Gray, call-up a minor league reliever who hasn’t been good since 2017, and acquire the rights to a non-baseball player.  Your a good dude Caulfield, but maybe just go watch Millionaire Dollar Arm instead of making up your own nonsensical Disney movie.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was expecting something awesome like go get Bryce Harper, and instead the plan is trade for a starter who isn’t materially better than what we currently have in Gray, call-up a minor league reliever who hasn’t been good since 2017, and acquire the rights to a non-baseball player.  Your a good dude Caulfield, but maybe just go watch Millionaire Dollar Arm instead of making up your own nonsensical Disney movie.

Go out and get Max Scherzer, then. 
 

Pitching dominates in the post-season.  With the Conforto and Seager injuries,  even more of a premium on remaining positional players is going to be asked.

Kris Bryant would be a great fit, but would Cubs dare do that to their fans?  Or Baez...or Rizzo?  Makes for an interesting debate, but still seems highly unlikely...if not completely improbable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Go out and get Max Scherzer, then. 
 

Pitching dominates in the post-season.  With the Conforto and Seager injuries,  even more of a premium on remaining positional players is going to be asked.

Kris Bryant would be a great fit, but would Cubs dare do that to their fans?  Or Baez...or Rizzo?  Makes for an interesting debate, but still seems highly unlikely...if not completely improbable.  

Bryant doesn’t hit in the postseason. I’d rather take my chances with the returns of Robert and Eloy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the Oklahoma in this post, I'm amazed Caulfield didn't squeeze Tiger King in here somewhere.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Quin said:

With all the Oklahoma in this post, I'm amazed Caulfield didn't squeeze Tiger King in here somewhere.

Nor Carole Baskin.

Well, you did have Robin Ventura and Josh Fields at OKState. 
 

And the Commerce Comet, Mickey Mantle.

The one I suspected as being misidentified was “3rd cousin” Ryan Mantle. Drafted by the Giants in 2008…to great fanfare, what else is new…he played 3 nondescript seasons in the minors and is now out of baseball. But that’s what everyone said…Mickey’s 3rd cousin. Look at the years of birth in Chart 620. Is it possible for 3rd cousins, who by definition are of the same generation, to be born 55 years apart?

https://relatedhowagain.wordpress.com/2014/06/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerouac would have enjoyed that post. Just like some crazy baseball junkie blowing jazzy rifts that have never been played before or after. 👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Prepare for total world domination with an OF in 2024 of Murray, Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert, Cespedes and Colas.

 

I think there would be a bit of a vulnerability to bunt singles with 6 outfielders.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think there would be a bit of a vulnerability to bunt singles with 6 outfielders.

With those outfield arms, anything but a bunt would be an automatic out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

 

 

2)  Bring up Alec Hansen, DFA/outright Marshall or Ruiz and allow the two former OU teammates (Gray/Hansen) to work together again.  Hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

 

 

Alec Hansen had a game recentrly where he gave up like 10 runs on 1 hit. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Alec Hansen had a game recentrly where he gave up like 10 runs on 1 hit. 

Yes, but, 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alec Hansen has 8 walks in 3.1 IP in AA.  I stopped reading there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think I speak for everyone when I say...  ummm wat?

You don't speak for me...

I would say:

😵DAFUQ?!?😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Nor Carole Baskin.

Well, you did have Robin Ventura and Josh Fields at OKState. 
 

And the Commerce Comet, Mickey Mantle.

The one I suspected as being misidentified was “3rd cousin” Ryan Mantle. Drafted by the Giants in 2008…to great fanfare, what else is new…he played 3 nondescript seasons in the minors and is now out of baseball. But that’s what everyone said…Mickey’s 3rd cousin. Look at the years of birth in Chart 620. Is it possible for 3rd cousins, who by definition are of the same generation, to be born 55 years apart?

https://relatedhowagain.wordpress.com/2014/06/

Can Bob Stoops be the new bench coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Can Bob Stoops be the new bench coach?

Mark or Mike...heck, we’ll throw in Kirk Ferentz, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×