5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

5 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Yes. Definitely. Or they go after Anderson to get it over with right away. What do they have to lose at this point?

They'll look for a "catalyst" to jump-start them, so they can point to it and be like "when we stood up to those big mean bullies playing baseball when we were trying to just lose like clowns, we really were able to get back to 8 games back".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Yes. Definitely. Or they go after Anderson to get it over with right away. What do they have to lose at this point?

They can lose Pineda, one of their best SP, for the game in the first inning and further destroy their already terrible bullpen.

I think Yermin takes one in the back at some point in this game, but I would be surprised they went after TA or frankly anyone early in the game.   

38 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

here is what the team should do in response - Everyone in the dugout and on the field just laugh hysterically.

In these situations,  I want a team to proactively wear a temporary target patch (with "AIM HERE" lettering on it) on the side of their sleeve or jersey/pants as a passive-aggressive approach. Every HBP results in a team celebration from the dugout; it would drive the other side crazy within an inning.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Regarding whether Mercedes, or TA gets plunked...I don't doubt it happens but it does concern me. I don't want anything to wind up in suspensions for our guys, much less injuries if benches clear or anything. 

Yea exactly one side is in a title fight the other is a bottom feeder.  That's why if they Sox do get thrown out no fucking warnings just immediately toss Pineda.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea exactly one side is in a title fight the other is a bottom feeder.  That's why if they Sox do get thrown out no fucking warnings just immediately toss Pineda.

Yep, you see that in hockey - one guy wants to start a fight to fire up his team, but the other guy needs to accept. You see it more often now where the player from the team that is already cruising and doesn't need a spark will turn down the fight.

And that's the difference with baseball - we don't get a chance to be like "no thanks", they'll just drill a player if they want to.

12 minutes ago, macsandz said:

It's Target field and we'll see a different side of Yermin tonight after he gets drilled because it's coming.  

If Yermin gets hit in the tush, I hope he just goes to first without saying a word. It’s stupid that they’d retaliate over this, but the Sox have bigger fish to fry.