5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

The crazy thing about the Yermin home run is that as I was watching, I felt like taking a walk on four pitches would be more frowned upon. When it got to a 3-0 count, I was thinking, "Alright Yermin, swing the bat." 

When the guy is just lobbing it up there and you take a walk while up by so many runs, it would feel like a football team kicking a field goal in the 4th quarter while up 42-0. At some point, it's better to just go for it on 4th down. That's how I felt about Yermin's at bat.

Having said that, I don't think a team/player should ever feel bad about something because of how many runs they are up. Mercedes should be able to take a walk or hit a 3-0 home run whenever he wants to. If the other team doesn't like it, then don't get down by so many runs next time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I'm waiting for the day when instead of charging the mound right after getting hit intentionally, someone goes down to first, waits until the pitcher is delivering the next pitch, and THEN charges the mound.

A long time ago Al Cowens did something crazier after getting hit by Ed Farmer.  He waited about a year, hit a ground ball to SS, ran straight to the mound and attacked Farmer from behind while he was watching the play.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

A long time ago Al Cowens did something crazier after getting hit by Ed Farmer.  He waited about a year, hit a ground ball to SS, ran straight to the mound and attacked Farmer from behind while he was watching the play.

I read that really quickly and thought it said Al Cowlings....the White Bronco guy?!? :huh:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

The crazy thing about the Yermin home run is that as I was watching, I felt like taking a walk on four pitches would be more frowned upon. When it got to a 3-0 count, I was thinking, "Alright Yermin, swing the bat." 

When the guy is just lobbing it up there and you take a walk while up by so many runs, it would feel like a football team kicking a field goal in the 4th quarter while up 42-0. At some point, it's better to just go for it on 4th down. That's how I felt about Yermin's at bat.

Having said that, I don't think a team/player should ever feel bad about something because of how many runs they are up. Mercedes should be able to take a walk or hit a 3-0 home run whenever he wants to. If the other team doesn't like it, then don't get down by so many runs next time.

I actually think if larussa was pissed it was because he gave yermin a take sign and yermin told him to take these, boomer. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

If Yermin gets hit in the tush, I hope he just goes to first without saying a word. It’s stupid that they’d retaliate over this, but the Sox have bigger fish to fry. 

Yeah that's highly doubtful. He's chilled out but he's still a bit of a loose cannon. Sox fans haven't seen that side of him yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The game has changed quite a bit, I'll guess he doesn't get hit. I dont think it bothered the Twins at all to be honest. 

Astudillo was yelling at the Sox from the dugout after the final out

1 hour ago, flavum said:

If Yermin gets hit in the tush, I hope he just goes to first without saying a word. It’s stupid that they’d retaliate over this, but the Sox have bigger fish to fry. 

I would yell thank you, then take a bow.  😁

If the Twins are going to do something I just hope they avoid TA. Not that I want anyone else getting hurt, but the drama and reaction will be much bigger if TA gets hit.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Astudillo was yelling at the Sox from the dugout after the final out

I would be even more shocked if this bothered a venezualan/Dominican player as their baseball culture is much more fun. The Dominican winter league Is about as fun as baseball gets. Who knows. 

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I actually think if larussa was pissed it was because he gave yermin a take sign and yermin told him to take these, boomer. 

I would think LaRussa would be ok with a "hold my beer" moment

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was thinking Sheets should get a look.  Seems he's doing OK in the outfield and his bat can't be any worse than Lamb's I'd guess.

I was mostly joking because Adolfo is one of the most menacing dudes in the org. He's listed at 6'4 225 but I've seen him in person and he looks more 6'6 280. 

Sox should D-Bo on high alert at 1st base though. When Anderson and Mercedes are up he should be a lot closer to the plate than normal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was thinking Sheets should get a look.  Seems he's doing OK in the outfield and his bat can't be any worse than Lamb's I'd guess.

Agree...interesting that Sheets and Burger are both hitting...we got something going on for awhile on the South Side...with future major league players and/or useful trade pieces.

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I was mostly joking because Adolfo is one of the most menacing dudes in the org. He's listed at 6'4 225 but I've seen him in person and he looks more 6'6 280. 

Sox should D-Bo on high alert at 1st base though. When Anderson and Mercedes are up he should be a lot closer to the plate than normal.

I could not believe how huge Adolfo was when I saw him stroll to the plate in Spring Training.

Just now, wegner said:

I could not believe how huge Adolfo was when I saw him stroll to the plate in Spring Training.

Yeah, same. He's got a bit of Franmil Reyes in him. 

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

micker-adolfo-and-luis-robert-of-the-chi

Man makes Luis Robert look small.

Dang this guys ERA numbers are crazy good but he only throws 90, apparently has a great change.

Sounds like a guy that would destroy previous sox teams...but this ain't your blah blah

• Like 1