5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hmmmm. 6 foot 9 260 man recalled to be the sacrificial lamb?  

He definitely cuts an imposing figure on the mound, standing 6’9″ tall and weighing 260 pounds. With that size, one would imagine that he would have a fastball to match. Instead, Ober’s fastball sits in the mid 80s, relying on his deceptive over the top delivery which creates a difficult angle for hitters. Despite that lack of velocity, he generates plenty of swings and misses at the top of the zone, likely due to his delivery and size.  https://calltothepen.com/2020/02/10/minnesota-twins-bailey-ober-a-prospect-to-watch-in-2020/

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Good, document all the reasons to suspend their entire team the rest of the season. Premeditated changes in order to bean the opposition should be a death penalty level offense, no? I'm only half kidding.  There is no way this is actually their plan, right?

He better hope to god his command is on point if it's not their plan lmao

I'll own it if I'm wrong but I think sox fans are way in their own heads about this and there will be no retaliation and this guy was brought up because he's dominated the minors and they had a reason to do it today for unrelated reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I'll own it if I'm wrong but I think sox fans are way in their own heads about this and there will be no retaliation and this guy was brought up because he's dominated the minors and they had a reason to do it today for unrelated reasons.

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I agree. If you retaliate for showing up the position player you had pitching, you should seek counseling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Agreed. This is all getting way too cloak-and-dagger. Not to mention the fact that if he goes out there and beans him right off the bat immediately after being called up that would just be waaayyyy too obvious.

If Lamb doesn't start hitting and Burger keeps raking, do you think the Sox would DFA Lamb and bring up Jake? I was just imagining an outfield of Burger, Hamilton and Vaughn...and how crazy that would be.  Tony likes to experiment with the players/line-ups and would probably try it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Mlb.com saying its a health related scratch with Pineda, just not a pitching related ailment. Guessing a covid scare or something

Sox Fans: PERHAPS IT WAS THE MENTAL HEALTH ANGUISH OF BEING ASKED TO THROW A BASEBALL AT A WHITE SOX PLAYERS HEAD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Mlb.com saying its a health related scratch with Pineda, just not a pitching related ailment. Guessing a covid scare or something

Hasn't he had heart problems?

5 minutes ago, tray said:

If Lamb doesn't start hitting and Burger keeps raking, do you think the Sox would DFA Lamb and bring up Jake? I was just imagining an outfield of Burger, Hamilton and Vaughn...and how crazy that would be.  Tony likes to experiment with the players/line-ups and would probably try it.

No I don't think so. When Lamb is dfa'd it will be because Engel is coming off the IL.

Edited by manbearpuig

9 minutes ago, tray said:

I think Sheets would be the first dude up for a corner OF position, Burger for corner IF.

16 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Agreed. This is all getting way too cloak-and-dagger. Not to mention the fact that if he goes out there and beans him right off the bat immediately after being called up that would just be waaayyyy too obvious.

Inclined to agree but doesn't that make it awfully risky for the Twins because of the possiblity the new guy accidentally lets a pitch get away from him especially given his nerves coming in?