5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

makes no fucking sense to have lamb at 2

but we are the #1 team in MLB, best run differential, numerous power rankings have us #1 or at least in the top 3, so fuck it, management/TLR can do w.e. they want because results are showing for a team that has had 2 critical injuries.

just enjoying the ride

im sure in 1 or 1.5 months from now when things start to hit the shitter, i'll be at their throats 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

All that hullabaloo over absolutely nothing, as predicted. 

At least we can complain about Lamb though 

If they stick to the script...Lamb will have a big night.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

but we are the #1 team in MLB, best run differential, numerous power rankings have us #1 or at least in the top 3, so fuck it, management/TLR can do w.e. they want because results are showing for a team that has had 2 critical injuries.

just enjoying the ride

im sure in 1 or 1.5 months from now when things start to hit the shitter, i'll be at their throats 

On the flip side it will be real interesting if the Sox are coasting along 30 games over .500 and Leury and Hamilton each have 300+ plate appearances when Eloy and Luis come knocking...

Edited by SpringfieldFan

5 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

On the flip side it will be real interesting if the Sox are coasting along 30 games over .500 and Leury and Hamilton each have 300+ plate appearances when Eloy and Luis come knocking...

knock, knock, knock...who is it...it's us Eloy and Robert....Eloy and Robert aint home man.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

just enjoying the ride

You never stop being at their throats so it will be just another day

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

just enjoying the ride

Alternating RH and LH hitters in the line-up can aggravated some pitchers.

No matter what Tony does, he will never be given credit.

However, once the team goes into an inevitable slump/ losing streak it will all be blamed on him. I have felt like that at times...no credit for anything but oh boy, should I make a mistake..

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yep and it's probable Pineda becomes the 2nd pitcher in the game after Ober plunks TA or whoever. Benches likely emptying tonight.

To paraphrase Brad Pitt in Moneyball, if they want to walk hit you, just say thank you and take your base.  I hope the benches do not clear over this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

To paraphrase Brad Pitt in Moneyball, if they want to walk hit you, just say thank you and take your base.  I hope the benches do not clear over this nonsense.

Wasn't that the quote about a team bunting against them?....

Just now, Baron said:

Wasn't that the quote about a team bunting against them?....

Probably, I was only half way watching to be honest after that bullshit scene where Chad Bradford thanks him because no one ever gave him a shot before.  Listen jerk, I have been to 3 playoff games in my White Sox fandom career and in one of them, I had to watch your sorry ass pitch.  Sorry for the rant...my wife said I should let that go and I should take her advice.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

All that hullabaloo over absolutely nothing, as predicted. 

At least we can complain about Lamb though 

By the way, just want to say again...BRAVO on this prediction....you nailed it....

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

So, everyone agree the twins scratched Pineda to have a rookie throw at Sox hitters?

No, from reading the whole thread I'd say some don't expect it at all. The Twins could be actually testing out a rookie to see what he's got. I think we see someone on the Sox HBP today and maybe early in the game. However, if they do that their BP sucks and is overworked so maybe it doesn't happen at all or happens late from one of the BP arms.

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Hot take: Moneyball was a boring slog of a movie

What I thought was ridiculous is how they took the team almost not winning 20 games in a row and made it into some sort of Greek Tragedy,