5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

What I thought was ridiculous is how they took the team almost not winning 20 games in a row and made it into some sort of Greek Tragedy,

I liked that the movie focuses so much on Carlos Pena being dogshit and playing too much when he had 140 freaking PAs and ended up having a hell of a career.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I liked that the movie focuses so much on Carlos Pena being dogshit and playing too much when he had 140 freaking PAs and ended up having a hell of a career.

And how they pretty much ignore that the team had one hell of a starting pitching staff.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think the Sox are going to blow the doors off them again tonight.  The team is united in seething fire against TLR and will take it out on the Twins' pitching staff.  Take the over.

I think tonight is the night I use my risk free $1k Barstool bet on the runline.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

To be fair the book sorta did that too. Also made a high school pitcher a prime example of his scouts being dumb but he ended up having a decent career (forgot who, played for tigers during their lean years), while the catcher it lauded never did anything.

It did predict a good career for youkilis tho.

Still an awesome book, Michael Lewis when he has the goods is a great read.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Eh, Ohtani seems to be on the fast track to MVP anyway 

They will if they want to continue to grow the game internationally...because they're soon to collide with a demographic challenge, running out of 49-57 year old white dudes in 'Merica.

ANd WHO the HELL is Bailey Ober?  Sounds like a newspaper delivery boy from the late 1950's in Danbury, CT.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1