5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Don’t agree with the notion that you don’t “waste” a challenge in the 1st.

1-he was out

2-giving away outs in any inning can change the game. 

Yeah, inning should be over and you just add needless pitches to Lynn‘s pitch count

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

no peep from Tony on a ridiculous ball call, but ge‘ll be right there when someone does a bat flip. Just on his own team of course

Don't think he's done this.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

WTH ARE YOU DOING LARUSSA?

Has nothing to do with Tony, those calls are made from the video room. I guess they figured it would have been "not enough evidence", those calls are only overturned if it is clearly visable that the call is wrong, the video refs don't like changing calls.

Tie goes to the runner

Irrefutable evidence is required to overturn the call on the field

If you lose the challenge , you don't have another one for the rest of the game.

All things considered  in the few seconds after looking at the replay, I understand the decision.

4 hours ago, wegner said:

You see LaRussa saw Lamb hit that weak popup in the 9th and figured we better get him some more reps to knock off that rust....I also welcome Jake to hit a 1st inning home run to put me in my place.

Thanks Jake.

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

Has nothing to do with Tony, those calls are made from the video room. I guess they figured it would have been "not enough evidence", those calls are only overturned if it is clearly visable that the call is wrong, the video refs don't like changing calls.

I'd have to see it again, but I thought Lamb's foot might have come off the bag when he stretched.

Just now, Dominikk85 said:

I don’t see how “not enough evidence” is possible on that kind of play. Freeze frame- either the foot beats the ball in the glove or not. Looked pretty clear without slow motion or  freeze frame 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Grandal and Benetti have one thing in common....terrible perception about home run balls.

I don't always defend Benetti but.. keep in mind him and Stoney are calling the game in Chicago seeing the same feed we are. He probably saw the bat drop from Grandal and went with that.

Edit: Just saw others have already addressed this

Edited by DoUEvenShift