5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

He said he had no problem with Yermin getting hit and he didn't believe it was intentional.

Looked like a pitch that got away.

BS.

I can't even understand his angle here. Is he legitimately trying to sabotage this team?

Being an old, out of touch fuck I expected. But throwing his own players under the bus and not defending them for doing NOTHING wrong?

This is fucking unreal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I don’t care what anyone says, Tony is an old dinosaur set in his ways. His way is right. His views are right. His opinion is right. He will not adapt nor change. He is what he is and he made it known from the beginning, he thought baseball was moving in a bad direction, so he came in to make it “right”. Whatever the fuck that means. 

Terrible hire, terrible publicity for a team that should be one of the most exciting and easily marketable teams in the league. But instead we have this drama and controversy centered around this bozo. 

His time has passed. He thinks we are back to the 80s.  He is out of touch with current reality and modern players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I can't even understand his angle here. Is he legitimately trying to sabotage this team?

Being an old, out of touch fuck I expected. But throwing his own players under the bus and not defending them for doing NOTHING wrong?

This is fucking unreal.

He is fixing the game. If he has to take his own team down to do it then so be it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This is fucking unreal.

If he had a problem with Mercedes, he should have told him privately, not throwing him under the bus publically.

1 minute ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Now Yermin will be coming off the bench tomorrow....

More punishment.

If Yermin is on the bench tomorrow that would make me think the only reason he was in the line up today was to be there to take the HBP.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, supernuke said:

If Yermin is on the bench tomorrow that would make me think the only reason he was in the line up today was to be there to take the HBP.

God I love this train of thought by you

Edited by fathom

37 minutes ago, mqr said:

I have a bad baaaaaaad feeling about who would come out on top if that happens. 

TA would end up getting traded, lol...we might as well throw in some talented Latin American prospect who's never even seen action in the States in an official game, why not sweeten the pot since TA and TLR obviously can't get along and the Sox have no choice but to trade him, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well that game sucked. Go get em tomorrow and hopefully Tony chokes on his dinner tomorrow night and we have a new manager come Friday. 

That will be the demise of ChiSox59...

Probably ends up with this one going out into the national/regional/local sports media universe, too.

Maybe that's actually a good thing for the White Sox fanbase, for the front office to understand the depth of feelings/emotions...but it's going to get SoxTalk some more unwanted attention for all the wrong reasons, unfortunately.

Someone like Merkin or Stone or whoever will pick up on this and use it as even yet another reason to double down on defending TLR...carrying water for defending his every action because that's what JR wants (until it becomes untenable.)

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

This is fucking unreal.

The issue here is Tony doesn't think he did nothing wrong. Tony wanted the world to know he would never let his player swing there because Tony is stuck in an era that is long gone and he feels he is the last torch bearer from that era of crusty old fucks controlling the game from their dugout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That will be the end of ChiSox59...

Probably ends up with this one going out into the national/regional/local sports media universe, too.

Never wished for him to die, just wanted him to come down with a bad throat ailment that prevented him from speaking and therefore had to step down very honorably!