5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

That will be the demise of ChiSox59...

Probably ends up with this one going out into the national/regional/local sports media universe, too.

Maybe that's actually a good thing for the White Sox fanbase, for the front office to understand the depth of feelings/emotions...but it's going to get SoxTalk some more unwanted attention for all the wrong reasons, unfortunately.

Someone like Merkin or whoever will pick up on this and use it as even yet another reason to double down on defending TLR...carrying water for defending his every action because that's what JR wants (until it becomes untenable.)

Sox would be better off if TLR goes on medical leave ( rehab?) and have someone else take over.

Edited by hankchifan
Bad grammar

Stop saying that they threw at Yermin. They didn't. The ball was thrown low and slow bouncing in  behind his feet.

That wasn't bean ball . None of the White Sox took it that way, not even Yermin.

It was simply made as a counterpoint to what was kind of an @hole in-yo-face move by Yermin,   No harm, no foul but they made a point. Don't show us up at our own ballpark with shenanigans like that.  And they did it without endangering Yermin or causing a bench clearing brawl.  That is precisely how it should have been handled.

My only difference with LaRussa's decisions in that game was deciding to allow Bummer to pitch to Sano with first base open....after he hit 2 home runs. LaRussa played it by the book, - don't walk and allow the winning run to come to the plate. But again, I would have gone against the book on that one.  Tony probably feels the same way in hindsight.

I also am starting to get concerned about our bullpen and Andrew Vaughn.  Vaughn is starting to look like easy pickings for pitchers with decent sliders.

Vaughn does not seem to be effective with two strikes and has disappointed in numerous clutch situations.

Edited by tray
  • Like 1

You should at least have your player's back IN PUBLIC and WITH THE MEDIA.

If you call him out, do it privately in the clubhouse through a one-on-one, closed door/s meeting.

Completely unnecessary manufactured drama, a Sox specialty for a CENTURY plus now, lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tray said:

I also have no problem with the way the Twins Manager handled the Yermin softball swing home run while up 15-4.

Stop saying that they threw at Yermin. They didn't. The ball was thrown low and slow bouncing in  behind his feet.

That wasn't bean ball . None of the White Sox took it that way, not even Yermin.

It was simply made as a counterpoint to what was kind of an @hole in-yo-face move by Yermin,   No harm, no foul but they made a point. Don't show us up at our own ballpark with shenanigans like that.  And they did it without endangering Yermin or causing a bench clearing brawl.  That is precisely how it should have been handled.

My only difference with LaRussa's decisions in that game was deciding to allow Bummer to pitch to Sano with first base open....after he hit 2 home runs.

I also am starting to get concerned about our bullpen and Andrew Vaughn.  Vaughn is starting to look like easy pickings for pitchers with decent sliders.

Vaughn does not seem to be effective with two strikes and has disappointed in numerous clutch situations.

You can't be a real person.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, tray said:

So you don’t think TAs reaction meant anything?! The only reason nothing escalated was because the umps actually responded quickly. You really think Duffey meant to miss him?

Yermin didn’t look to happy to have that ball sail by him.

Plus why wait until that late in the game?! Why wait until you bring somebody in from the pen who throws harder than that big softy they had starting tonight?! 

57 minutes ago, tray said:

My only difference with LaRussa's decisions in that game was deciding to allow Bummer to pitch to Sano with first base open....after he hit 2 home runs. LaRussa played it by the book, - don't walk and allow the winning run to come to the plate. But again, I would have gone against the book on that one.  Tony probably feels the same way in hindsight.

Kopech should have been pitching in the 8th as well, particularly with Sano coming up.  You cannot let Sano beat you. You do not throw him a fast ball strike, just sliders or walk him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Yeah he looked great in the 8th....he got a 2nd inning and Kopech did not why?

Baffling. Innings limit for Kopech?  If so, no faith in Heuer or Crochet, understandable.  Why the 9th for Bummer?  Again, baffling.

• Like 1