f*** Off Twins

harkness99

7 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

TLR has been a better coach for the Twins in two games than Rocco. 

Baldelli played this perfectly.  He said nothing after the game last night. He waited until the bases were empty to throw at Mercedes.  He went out and defended his guy, instead of yelling at him, and even got the ejection to back him up. 

The Twins got to see their manager publicly back up their player.

Meanwhile our guy gets a 93 mph fastball thrown behind him, and Tony never leaves the dugout. In the post game he publicly supported the team throwing at his player.  Again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Baldelli played this perfectly.  He said nothing after the game last night. He waited until the bases were empty to throw at Mercedes.  He went out and defended his guy, instead of yelling at him, and even got the ejection to back him up. 

The Twins got to see their manager publicly back up their player.

Meanwhile our guy gets a 93 mph fastball thrown behind him, and Tony never leaves the dugout. In the post game he publicly supported the team throwing at his player.  Again.

But Baldelli did respond after Monday's game.  " I was surprised to see him swinging in a game like that, but those things occasionally do happen in this game still, and we have to deal with it."

I am so damn tired of Minnesota. For nearly 20 years they've been some weird curse on the White Sox. That damn Metrodome had so many fluky things happen. But what gets me pissed off most is this catering to them over the years. Ozzie's comments were always positive, Tony now basically defending them for being crybabies about a guy swinging at 3-0 pitch from a non pitcher.

Seriously what's more of a mockery to this sport? A guy swinging at a 3-0 pitch up by 11? A team getting pissed because about a 3-0 homer while backup utility player is pitching at the same speed as a 9 year old? Then throwing at Mercedes the next night. Or our old manager chiming in and basically throwing Mercedes under the bus and being sympathetic/agreeing with the Twins. 

I'm pretty certain Mercedes 3-0 swing is the least of the problem in this whole ordeal.