5/19 Chicago @ Minnesota 12:10

SoxBlanco

Two nights in NYC before they play a game there, after all this self inflicted bullshit. What could go wrong?  Need Giolito to step up and be a leader, and then they need to have an intervention with Grandpa before they play the Yankees. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm getting a bit concerned....are we going to be forced to use Kopech as the closer if that Australian POS can't get his act together?

Wasn’t really his fault tonight. Bummer was at fault for that one IMO.

Need good Gio tomorrow. Pretty please. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Wasn’t really his fault tonight. Bummer was at fault for that one IMO.

Need good Gio tomorrow. Pretty please. 

You're not concerned about Hendricks?  I agree he should have gotten a clean inning to work with but that was a damn meatball he served up to Polanco there.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Two nights in NYC before they play a game there, after all this self inflicted bullshit. What could go wrong?  Need Giolito to step up and be a leader, and then they need to have an intervention with Grandpa before they play the Yankees. 

Grandpa should be sent to rehab ASAP.

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic

Tony breaking the trust of his players will have consequences he must endure within the family. And my within the family I mean publicly and by members outside the family.

It is therefore only fair that the sox players strategically place rakes constantly near where Tony is standing today to recreate the following:

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, wegner said:

You're not concerned about Hendricks?  I agree he should have gotten a clean inning to work with but that was a damn meatball he served up to Polanco there.

Ehhh. I wish he wouldn’t have given up the hit to Polanco, and would agree he’s maybe been slightly disappointing overall. But I’m not overly concerned,no. 

6 hours ago, wegner said:

My concern with him is that he's not even close with his slider. He keeps spiking it into the ground. Other teams are sitting all over his fastball. If he misses over the plate, like last night, they are ready to pound it. 

He needs to fix his slider or be pinpoint with his fastball.

That inning last night was the type of inning we paid him money to get out off.

In regards to Bummer, he should not have gone out in 9th. He had no command. 

In general, this bullpen needs to step up. Its the worst part of this good team right now. 

In regards to Today.     Giolitto needs to step up and fix his issues. Its go time for him. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

My concern with him is that he's not even close with his slider. He keeps spiking it into the ground. Other teams are sitting all over his fastball. If he misses over the plate, like last night, they are ready to pound it. 

He needs to fix his slider or be pinpoint with his fastball.

That inning last night was the type of inning we paid him money to get out off.

In regards to Bummer, he should not have gone out in 9th. He had no command. 

In general, this bullpen needs to step up. Its the worst part of this good team right now. 

In regards to Today.     Giolitto needs to step up and fix his issues. Its go time for him. 

I agree with this. Really disappointed in Bummer; I really thought that he had turned it around lately. But with Hendricks . . . if a guy scores from 1st, even with no outs? Like this says, we pay him a lot of money to get out of this type of stuff. We needed a strike out there, not a slow roller and a deep fly before that single. And not that single. 

I keep expecting our bullpen to come around, more or less all of them. But it always seems like one time a night, if we put out three relievers, one of them blows up and gives away the game. 

Back in the rebuild, when the Sox were bad, our bullpen never seemed this terrible. Is it because the Sox have more leads late in games, so there are more chances to blow those leads for the bullpen. I can't figure out why our bullpen is so bad. 

We came into the season with a bigger question mark about the bottom of the rotation and feeling good about the bullpen.  Now we are confident in Cease/Rodon and concerned about Giolito and the bullpen.  We need a big game from Gio today.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Back with the crappy lineups! 

It’s probably the best hitting lineup the Sox have right now with all the injuries and Grandal not datching a day game after a night game.

You could put Grandal at first I guess and put Vaughn in left.

• Like 2

We should be celebrating how awesome this team is for overcoming losing 2 starting outfielders an elite bench piece and a solid if not unspectacular left handed reliever and yet we have to talk about how shitty TLR is and how the game has passed him by and their is an open revolt amongst the players being played out on social media. 

• Like 1