5/19 Chicago @ Minnesota 12:10

SoxBlanco

Just now, Tony said:

Awesome to see Gio and Hendricks have two nice bounce back games. 

As @fathom mentioned, going to be really nice having a win to talk about tomorrow on an off-day

Yeah we really needed something positive after all the TLR crap. Had we lost that would have dominated the conversation for the next 2 days.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

As @fathom mentioned, going to be really nice having a win to talk about tomorrow on an off-day

Also the last thing we wanted to see was the Twinkies rally around a series win and the Sox having a self inflicted gunshot wound aka TLR. Nice to show them we'll still kick your ass

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

If they lost today, can you imagine how many times Paniagua’s name would be mentioned in the next 48 hours?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Great game by Gio...

Where the negative Nellys at 😆

Gio was masterful and his change-up was just awesome.

Jake Lamb's double and that bunt call by TLaR were huge.

Leury was great and I love the defensive play by Vaughn for the double play.

All good, except for some fans trying to start sh1t.

Edited by tray

6 minutes ago, tray said:

All good, except for some fans trying to start sh1t.

Quit acting like Gio pitching a great game somehow magically makes TLR’s horse shit all good.

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

2 out of 3 from Twins without Jose, Luis, and Eloy. 

Yep, all these negative dudes need to realize we are shorthanded, yeah it sucked losing last night's game, especially since it was yet another blown lead in the 8th and we need to address that but some people here go overboard with the negative vibes.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Liked that Box Score...from a pitching perspective that is...clean inning from Hendriks with 2 Ks...nice to see him bounceback today.  I am actually surprised that Liam has 9 saves already.

• Like 1

Maybe the most gratifying win of the season so far. Hendriks needs regular work -- he looks like a different pitcher than when he's on long rest.  Way to take the series, and 5/6, to really bury the Twinkies.  Hopefully this latest unforced TLR drama blows over quickly so we can get back to business.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

God knows I believe in jinxes but they’re not contending this year.

I know offensively they just aren't where they were, and that team definitely is 10x better when they get buxton, but also just kinda confirms to me that you may get lucky once or twice stitching together a good starting rotation out of the B and C free agents, but you can't consistently do that. It'll bite.

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Quit acting like Gio pitching a great game somehow magically makes TLR’s horse shit all good.

Whenever Ozzie did something crazy we always accepted it as taking the pressure off the young team.

I'll just treat Tony the same way.

The players probably laugh about it

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Liked that Box Score...from a pitching perspective that is...clean inning from Hendriks with 2 Ks...nice to see him bounceback today.  I am actually surprised that Liam has 9 saves already.

People act like he's been absolutely awful...

The reality is, he hasn't been his electric self that we were expecting, but he has still saved 9 of 11 opportunities.

Just now, ChiHawks10 said:

People act like he's been absolutely awful...

The reality is, he hasn't been his electric self that we were expecting, but he has still saved 9 of 11 opportunities.

it's a bit of david robertson syndrome. He's been good, but not as electric as we thought. 

Happens with bullpen though. You have to pay a lot just to maintain the last years success, it's just a sinkhole of a position. To get near the success of Colome last year (no blown saves) we had to pay a lot more, because had we paid colome he'd have been terrible. There's no easy answer there for sure.

• Like 1