5/19 Chicago @ Minnesota 12:10

SoxBlanco

Just now, Capn12 said:

Excellent outing, Lucas, right when we needed it. Cross your fingers that someone in the pen can get the job done, and that TLR doesn't think you can go to 150 pitches or so.

I'd trust Gio at 97 pitches over the bullpen right now.

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

so...what should be the plan for a Giolito extension? He has been up and down this year...will they give him an aggressive offer now, or wait and see what happens by end of year?

There's no situation where an extension makes sense for either side right now.

If they get to the offseason healthy, he'll be 2 years away from free agency, maybe <2 if you count a significant lockout next year which would drop the injury risk.

That close to FA, Lucas's side should be looking for a contract almost at the level he'd get as a FA. A multi time all star quality pitcher? If he were available on the FA market this year, he's looking at a 9 figure deal even with some struggles. 

The White Sox signing a guy to a 7 year 9 figure deal? nah.

Just now, harkness99 said:

id let him start the next inning

With Garlick up first, you want him facing a righty. Either let Giolito start it or start the inning with Heuer.

2 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

The fact that Astudillio is a professional athlete blows my mind 😂😂😂

He is presently my favorite non-Sox baseball player, the hitting version of Bartolo.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

7 IP 3 H 1 R 1 ER 3 BB 10 SO (98 pitches)

Hell of an outing by Giolito. That should be it for him but we'll see what the Hall of Fame baseball guy does.

That's a solid line considering the early inning wildness.

Just now, Marqhead said:

He is presently my favorite non-Sox baseball player, the hitting version of Bartolo.

He was pretty funny until he acted like a little b**** over the yermin homer. Now that turtle can fuck off

• Like 1