5/19 Chicago @ Minnesota 12:10

SoxBlanco

10 minutes ago, beautox said:

We should be celebrating how awesome this team is for overcoming losing 2 starting outfielders an elite bench piece and a solid if not unspectacular left handed reliever and yet we have to talk about how shitty TLR is and how the game has passed him by and their is an open revolt amongst the players being played out on social media. 

LaRussa turned a feel good blowout against our arch-rivals into a downer.  Instead of apologizing to the Twins for his star player hitting a home run he should have defended his player for being thrown at.  But no, he actually defended the Twins for throwing at his own player.  Unbelievable and indefensible.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beautox said:

We should be celebrating how awesome this team is for overcoming losing 2 starting outfielders an elite bench piece and a solid if not unspectacular left handed reliever and yet we have to talk about how shitty TLR is and how the game has passed him by and their is an open revolt amongst the players being played out on social media. 

Agree with 100%. The bitching about LaRussa just to b**** is already sooooo repetitive and boring. Jesus, get over it and move on.

You guys create reasons to b****. Game after game results have shown (like Lamb last night) that your complaints about his lineups have no, zero validity. And the guy that wants to bring up guys from AAA so we can dump the vets? Come on, let’s at least return to reality with your bitching. For all the complains, LaRussa must be doing something right, best record in AL.

Now your big b**** is clubhouse drama? Yermin is a big boy; he’ll be just fine.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, beautox said:

source?

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Agree with 100%. The bitching about LaRussa just to b**** is already sooooo repetitive and boring. Jesus, get over it and move on.

You guys create reasons to b****. Game after game results have shown (like Lamb last night) that your complaints about his lineups have no, zero validity. And the guy that wants to bring up guys from AAA so we can dump the vets? Come on, let’s at least return to reality with your bitching. For all the complains, LaRussa must be doing something right, best record in AL.

nah man - mostly people are mad about tony not sticking up for his player and supporting some ancient unwritten rules baseball philosophy.

People were actually starting to come around before he made that dumbass move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

The thing he does right is having a lights out starting staff and a good collection of position players. Good strategy that he gives Rodon the “pitch a shutout“ sign from time to time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Reading complaints about the complaints is also already sooooo repetitive and boring.  TLR keeps giving us things to criticize on a weekly and at times game by game basis.  These aren't made up critiques, these are real things happening at his doing.  And if you can't understand that the talent is winning despite these glaring managerial errors then I don't even know what to tell you.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

To have your head buried this far in the sand is pretty impressive, I'll give you that. 

I like Mercedes and want him in the lineup every day.  However, when you don't show up for work on time or don't follow orders to take a pitch...Managers can't let the inmates run the asylum.  That's just employer/employee relations in all businesses.  TL should handle these things in the clubhouse...not discussing them out in public, however.

17 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Actually it is Tony that is creating the reasons for people to b****. Even if you think the fans are stupid for it, the players are also backing up Yermin on this.  The bitching about people bitching about LaRussa is WAY more trite.

I also find it hilarious that every time something happens, the wins belong to Tony, and the rest of the problems are the fans fault, or the players fault.  I don't get the few who hero worship this dude when it is obvious that his best years at this job have passed him by.  Its players, its national media, its ex-players, etc.  Trevor Bauer, Alex Wood, Ozzie Guillen, Frank Thomas, Steve Stone, along with Tim Anderson, Evan Marshall, and Lance Lynn are all on board here. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Well, it's not repetitive because La Russa gives a new, easily avoidable and completely moronic blunder/scandal every few weeks since he's been here. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I like Mercedes and want him in the lineup every day.  However, when you don't show up for work on time or don't follow orders to take a pitch...Managers can't let the inmates run the asylum.  That's just employer/employee relations in all businesses.  TL should handle these things in the clubhouse...not discussing them out in public, however.

The more Tony speaks, the more I'm ok with Yermin doing what he did. 

LaRussa has admitted the take sign was on because he wanted to "respect the Twins" and keep sportsmanship alive. 

Having Yermin keep his bat on his shoulder during a 15-4 game for that reason, when stats are king and that's how these guys make a living.....no dice. Fuck LaRussa and his old school thought process. I would have done the same thing Yermin does. 

• Like 4

Just now, Quin said:

Well, it's not repetitive because La Russa gives a new, easily avoidable and completely moronic blunder/scandal every few weeks since he's been here. 

It‘s genius, he made everyone forget about him not bothering to learn the rules by doing the unwritten rules song and dance. What will he do to make everyone forget about this? I‘m scared lol

• Like 2

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

It‘s genius, he made everyone forget about him not bothering to learn the rules by doing the unwritten rules song and dance. What will he do to make everyone forget about this? I‘m scared lol

I find it amazing that he knows the unwritten rules better than the written rules of the game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

You totally misunderstood the post you are quoting 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I find it amazing that he knows the unwritten rules better than the written rules of the game.

According to everyone, MLB made it a.priority to tell everyone about the rule. I‘ve heard it once and now I have it memorized as anyone should above the age of 7. How drunk was Tony when they told him?

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Collins catching Giolito today.

Interesting. 

I don't think it really matter who catches him. It's not like he pitched better with Collins behind the plate against KC. He's just not his usual self right now.

10 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Wasn’t really his fault tonight. Bummer was at fault for that one IMO.

Need good Gio tomorrow. Pretty please. 

How does that garner a laugh? People are crazy if they think that game was on Hendriks.  Bummer gave up 3 runs, including a lead-off walk in the 8th and lead-off single in the 9th.  Gave up the game tying home run to a guy with 2 previous homers in the game on a pitch that never should have been in the zone.  Liam comes in with Bummer's man at first and gets two outs while he's clearly fighting his footing.  Gives up 1 hit after retiring 2 batters and Bummer's runner scores and its his fault?  Obviously I wish he retired Polanco, but that loss was on Bummer and the Sox offense for going dormant after 3.  

Yes, I think Hendriks can and should be better than he has been as a whole, but that game last night isn't on him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

How does that garner a laugh? People are crazy if they think that game was on Hendriks.  Bummer gave up 3 runs, including a lead-off walk in the 8th and lead-off single in the 9th.  Gave up the game tying home run to a guy with 2 previous homers in the game on a pitch that never should have been in the zone.  Liam comes in with Bummer's man at first and gets two outs while he's clearly fighting his footing.  Gives up 1 hit after retiring 2 batters and Bummer's runner scores and its his fault?  Obviously I wish he retired Polanco, but that loss was on Bummer and the Sox offense for going dormant after 3.  

Yes, I think Hendriks can and should be better than he has been as a whole, but that game last night isn't on him.  

Yea Hendriks had no wiggle room and paid for it. He wasn't his best and you expect better but they wouldn't have even been in that situation if it wasn't for Bummer's shitty night.

Our most pressing need is the bullpen, obviously...can't be a serious title contender if you keep on giving up the lead late in games, that has happened at least a half dozen times already, totally unacceptable. Need to make a move to acquire a reliable set up man.

Step it up, Gio,  get us a win today.