5/19 Chicago @ Minnesota 12:10

SoxBlanco

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know offensively they just aren't where they were, and that team definitely is 10x better when they get buxton, but also just kinda confirms to me that you may get lucky once or twice stitching together a good starting rotation out of the B and C free agents, but you can't consistently do that. It'll bite.

Maeda also strikes me as the prototype Japanese pitcher that quickly falls apart due to insane usage earlier in their career.

6 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Whenever Ozzie did something crazy we always accepted it as taking the pressure off the young team.

I'll just treat Tony the same way.

The players probably laugh about it

Except this is the exact opposite. Players clearly not laughing about it. How you live with this level of cognitive dissonance?

Edited by Vulture
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

People act like he's been absolutely awful...

The reality is, he hasn't been his electric self that we were expecting, but he has still saved 9 of 11 opportunities.

Guilty as charged.  He has just spooked me with the homeruns he gave up since our home park can be a bandbox when it gets warmer.  I will try to be better when speaking of our Aussie closer in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

Guilty as charged.  He has just spooked me with the homeruns he gave up since our home park can be a bandbox when it gets warmer.  I will try to be better when speaking of our Aussie closer in the future.

Key was that he could get his breaking balls going.  Other than the Cruz homer, our pitchers got away from throwing fast balls in the zone to Sano and Cruz.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

People act like he's been absolutely awful...

The reality is, he hasn't been his electric self that we were expecting, but he has still saved 9 of 11 opportunities.

I admit, I’m guilty of this as well. He hasn’t been awful but there are a couple games where he blew it but I think that’s pretty typical of every closer now and than. He still has electric stuff. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Under the radar, but the game calling from Collins was fantastic once again. Giolito praising him in the post game.

Key was not calling for fast balls in the zone to Sano, Cruz and Polanco. Yesterday we lost on threefastballs in the zone to Sano.  Looks like they learned this lesson.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

On the contrary, not being able to have any objective opinion on this manager means there is plenty of space in your mind to be occupied.

That poster sucks. Have him ignored. He doesn't add anything and just attacks people. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

On the contrary, not being able to have any objective opinion on this manager means there is plenty of space in your mind to be occupied.

"objective opinion" is oxymoronic.  Just part of the LaRussa derangement syndrome that has consumed some fans like politics has.

Accept that Tony is the White Sox Manager and that Biden is President.  It is what it is, like it or not.

1 minute ago, tray said:

"objective opinion" is oxymoronic.  Just part of the LaRussa derangement syndrome that has consumed some fans like politics has.

Accept that Tony is the White Sox Manager and that Biden is President.  It is what it is, like it or not.

He's not "my manager"...that interview process was rigged. :cool:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tray said:

You have really lost it. 

Of all of the people to give cult like devotion to, this is the 2nd strangest one.

No idea what the politics has to do with it, but the only derangement is by those who can see this disaster unfolding in really slow motion and thing that everything is fine. 

You need to accept that the man isn't the best person to be managing the White Sox these days, and he is making a lot of self inflicted dumb mistakes.  Laugh react or not, anyone who can't accept that has no idea about the game of baseball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You have really lost it. 

Of all of the people to give cult like devotion to, this is the 2nd strangest one.

No idea what the politics has to do with it, but the only derangement is by those who can see this disaster unfolding in really slow motion and thing that everything is fine. 

You need to accept that the man isn't the best person to be managing the White Sox these days, and he is making a lot of self inflicted dumb mistakes.  Laugh react or not, anyone who can't accept that has no idea about the game of baseball.

And you can also laugh at the posters on Soxtalk all you want, but you can't hand wave away a good chunk of the Sox roster taking Yermin's side here, and not a single one, even his own coaching staff, taking a public stand with Tony.  THAT should be red flag for anyone whose head isn't buried somewhere.

• Like 3