The 10 game voucher pass

y2chae

I bought the 10 game voucher pass back on March 17th, but never showed up in account manager/never got a chance to buy tickets.  When the season started it still wasn't showing up in my account manager so I gave the team a call and they said it would show up when the city lets in more people sometime in mid May.  Well that day has passed and it's still not showing up in my Sox account manager.  In fact there's nothing that would ever indicate I bought the pass except for the fact they charged my credit card and took my money.  I'm just curious if anyone else has bought this voucher pass and if they are experiencing similar issues.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, y2chae said:

I bought the 10 game voucher pass back on March 17th, but never showed up in account manager/never got a chance to buy tickets.  When the season started it still wasn't showing up in my account manager so I gave the team a call and they said it would show up when the city lets in more people sometime in mid May.  Well that day has passed and it's still not showing up in my Sox account manager.  In fact there's nothing that would ever indicate I bought the pass except for the fact they charged my credit card and took my money.  I'm just curious if anyone else has bought this voucher pass and if they are experiencing similar issues.

I have had a 10 game plan disappear from my account after purchase only to freak out and contact them and be told it would be visible again soon.  Not the exact same scenario but not unheard of with their account manager portal.

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

My coworker is having the same problem with a holiday package he purchased. Sent the Sox a scathing email yesterday. I'll ask him what they said.

He was able to get it corrected. His package was transferred to him as a gift (which is allowed in the portal) but if you transfer the package it doesn't let you redeem game tickets once you transfer. (lol?) 

I bet they’re just waiting for capacity to increase.  My understanding is that should happen in the next home stand.  They probably don’t have enough capacity to honor everyone’s season tickets and all the smaller plans right now.

I bought the 20 game pass and had some horrible communication with the team, but when I finally got a ticket rep, communication got a lot better.

Edited by SexiAlexei

1 hour ago, SexiAlexei said:

I bet they’re just waiting for capacity to increase.  My understanding is that should happen in the next home stand.  They probably don’t have enough capacity to honor everyone’s season tickets and all the smaller plans right now.

I bought the 20 game pass and had some horrible communication with the team, but when I finally got a ticket rep, communication got a lot better.

Yes this seems to be the case. I bought a (prorated) 20 game package. My first game was suppose to be May 14th and I sent an email a few days before asking where my tickets were. Apparently they over sold tickets expecting higher capacity (go figure) so they had all season ticket/package holders bid on tickets. Typical Sox move to sell tickets that weren't even available at the time...

60% capacity is 100% confirmed for starting the next homestand 5/24 (Monday) against the Cardinals so hopefully that resolves most if not all of these issues.

14 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yes this seems to be the case. I bought a (prorated) 20 game package. My first game was suppose to be May 14th and I sent an email a few days before asking where my tickets were. Apparently they over sold tickets expecting higher capacity (go figure) so they had all season ticket/package holders bid on tickets. Typical Sox move to sell tickets that weren't even available at the time...

60% capacity is 100% confirmed for starting the next homestand 5/24 (Monday) against the Cardinals so hopefully that resolves most if not all of these issues.

I just got an email this morning that they are assigning seats to ticket holders.

Everyone has until Saturday at noon to accept or reject the seat assignments.  I assume after that point they'll know what's available and start offering tickets to others.

I've thought about buying a 10 game voucher, but with capacity at 60% (and hopefully 100% in a few weeks), I might just wait and buy tickets for a game.  The 10 game voucher prices don't seem to be much (if any) of a discount.

52 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I've thought about buying a 10 game voucher, but with capacity at 60% (and hopefully 100% in a few weeks), I might just wait and buy tickets for a game.  The 10 game voucher prices don't seem to be much (if any) of a discount.

I personally didn't care much about the discount, for me it was this:

• Access to all potential Division Series games, one Championship Series game, and one World Series game (Based on Availability)
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, SexiAlexei said:

I just got an email this morning that they are assigning seats to ticket holders.

Everyone has until Saturday at noon to accept or reject the seat assignments.  I assume after that point they'll know what's available and start offering tickets to others.

Yea got the same email. I got moved 3 rows further but oh well, just gonna be happy to be in the park again.

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

They aren't and after my experience with zero communication from the club on when I can actually use my vouchers, I would not recommend them. Had I known I couldn't use them the first 40 games of the season and counting I wouldn't have purchased them.