White Sox nearing "revolt"

southsider2k5

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/tony-larussa-losing-white-sox-after-ripping-yermin-mercedes/

La Russa was a surprising choice to manage the young White Sox in the offseason, as he had not managed professionally since 2011 with the Cardinals. His old-school mentality was always viewed as an odd fit with the Sox’s young roster, and he was also arrested for DUI around the exact time he was hired, generating more controversy.

It appears those concerns are playing out before our eyes, as La Russa appears to be on the verge of losing the clubhouse.

The White Sox still sit atop the American League at 25-16 despite the whirlwind of drama surrounding their manager.

Tony isn't particularly good at the job anymore and I've been as critical as anyone but they aren't close to a revolt. The players might have to win in spite of the manager but they're perfectly willing and capable of doing so. 

I would say the Sox are closer to "ignoring" than "revolting".  It is a young team, but there are several leaders that do a better job of taking care of others than LaRussa.  I think this team is strong enough to keep winning despite LaRussa and his distractions.

• Like 3

The headline might be an over-dramatization, but the quotes and text are all pretty well documented locally.  The story here IMO is a NY tabloid giving more oxygen to this mess.  Not that bad press or bad PR matters to the men in charge.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1