5/21 Chicago @ New York 6:05

SoxBlanco

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

He has been struggling lately, but this sounds like a neejerk reaction to the triple play. That ball was smoked, it was incredibly unlucky to hit into a triple play there

This isn't in response to the triple play. He's literally only had a week or two of looking like he can actually hit the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, JoshPR said:

This is a tip your cap loss. They suck but they happen

I will never tip my cap to that asshat Chapman...that prick should not even be in baseball.  To see him grinning about that triple play just pisses me off to no end.

• Like 3

Just now, Quin said:

The La Russa stans now calling this an awesome loss is peak denial that we have a manager asleep at the wheel.

yeah throwing that subterfuge like anyone with a pulse doesn't recognize that tony left marshall in with a rested bull pen.

Aint working lol...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

Huh? Are you suggesting we should not add bullpen help at the deadline?

You’re saying that we can acquire better pitchers at the trade deadline. Sox didn’t lose today because they had no good pitchers, they lost because TLR didn’t use his best weapons when it mattered the most. Look beyond the loss, these are issues that continue to happen with the manager that was “never to be out managed “

That triple play was a game-changing nut buster.  Vaughn has been in a slump and is probably the slowest player on the team.

I think Vaughn should have been pinch hit for by anyone who could have bunted.  Second and third with one out instead of a triple play and out of the inning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

That triple play was a game-changing nut buster.  Vaughn has been in a slump and is probably the slowest player on the team.

I think Vaughn should have been pinch hit for by anyone who could have bunted.  Second and third with one out instead of a triple play and out of the inning.

Lamb?  Mendick, Hamilton and Grandal were already in the game, same with Eaton.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Someone who says there's nothing to be mad about in another poorly managed game.

So you.

A human brain can’t really think the way you represent a human brain at times. 

dude we could easily win 100 games this  year and you’re going to be mad at TLR and the FO for the 62 we lost.  

Why?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tray said:

I wonder who made the call not to do that?  🤔

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

I’ve watched that play repeatedly. If Vaughn wasn’t safe it was at least close enough to challenge. I think he was safe. Fucking tlr

Yeah, it looked incredibly close. TLR saving his challenges for next year, you know he doesn’t know the rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HoosierSox said:

Old school Tony really believes you can only put the closer in with a lead. SMH.

A few people here really not realizing Marshall being in for two innings in a tie game is bad... my God.

Just now, HoosierSox said:

Old school Tony really believes you can only put the closer in with a lead. SMH.

That was also dumb, once you already had him warmed up.   Everyone knew it was game over doing what TLR elected to there.

Especially considering he might not get in tmrw with Cole on the mound.

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

A human brain can’t really think the way you represent a human brain at times. 

dude we could easily win 100 games this  year and you’re going to be mad at TLR and the FO for the 62 we lost.  

Why?

This is called a deflection.

You are ignoring the point and using a cop out. 

Tony fell asleep at the wheel again AND we played like shit.

That was absolutely not a great game, saying it was is absolutely fucking oblivious. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1