5/21 Chicago @ New York 6:05

SoxBlanco

La Russa said Hendriks was ready for the 10th if it was tied.

Tony is the dude who plans out his entire life by freshman year of college, but doesn't make a backup plan for when he fails the classes to get into his chosen major.

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Team scores one damn run on a lucky parachute single ..... but, yeah, it's LaRussa's fault they lost. 

We have some really dumb fucking fans following this team. 

2-1 losses happen folks. 

And LaRussa can go fuck off, for other reasons.   Not this game.  

I'm just mad he had Marshall in the game. C'mon. Tony isn't a dumb guy and that's a ridiculous guy to have in there.

• Like 2

Just now, Quin said:

La Russa said Hendriks was ready for the 10th if it was tied.

Tony is the dude who plans out his entire life by freshman year of college, but doesn't make a backup plan for when he fails the classes to get into his chosen major.

Nah. We're just dumb. You're gonna lose games anyway so TLR deserves no blame for managing another game poorly.

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Team scores one damn run on a lucky parachute single ..... but, yeah, it's LaRussa's fault they lost. 

We have some really dumb fucking fans following this team. 

2-1 losses happen folks. 

And LaRussa can go fuck off, for other reasons.   Not this game.  

I tend to agree. The team was lifeless against  the SP, but TLR continues to make questionable calls which does not help his case. With all the off field baggage, his MBGA mindset, and blah decisions in game I can’t imagine a worse way for the first two months of his tenure going. 

*Edit* I’m going to edit real quick and add we could have a worse record, but I truly believe we’d be in the same position with or without him. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm just mad he had Marshall in the game. C'mon. Tony isn't a dumb guy and that's a ridiculous guy to have in there.

Tony has done nothing this year to show he’s not a dumb guy now.  It’s honestly baffling how many stupid decisions he makes on and off the field.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

You can second guess decisions all you want but it doesn’t mean LaRussa was wrong in the ones he made

I just have to wonder about Marshall and his inconsistency this season 

I just don't like most of our relievers coming out for a 2nd inning in a close ballgame elrockin 

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I sense some denial and deflection.

Eh. A couple inches and Vaughn is a hero, TLR is a hero for trusting his rookie and Boone is getting flamed for pitching Chapman in a non-save situation.  

Teams lose 60 games a year because of inches decided by coinflip outcomes. 

By your logic, every losing manager in every game is a total asshole asleep at the wheel.  That’s actually an interesting stance to take and would make for a fun discussion.  Sadly, that’s not your stance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Eh. A couple inches and Vaughn is a hero, TLR is a hero for trusting his rookie and Boone is getting flamed for pitching Chapman in a non-save situation.  

By your logic, every losing manager in every game is a total asshole asleep at the wheel.  That’s actually an interesting stance to take and would make for a fun discussion.  Sadly, that’s not your stance.  

100%

If you are Hahn, you should ask Tony politely why he had Marshall in the game when every Sox fan in America knew at that moment Sox would lose the game OR simply DFA Marshall and send Tony a text telling him Marshall is gone. 

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

No. Like I said, good decisions are made by thought process, not results.

You guys are obsessed with cop outs and deflections and can never just admit a manager made bad decisions. 

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

He was saving Heuer for when Marshall got in trouble.  Tony and I have a different understanding of trouble.  I guess that’s why I’ve never had a DUI

Heuer has pitched 6 innings in May and given up 12 hits and 6 earned runs. I think you can flip a coin between him and Marshall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

One manager pitches the best reliever in baseball in a tie game.  The other pitches the worst reliever on his entire roster and someone who will be DFA in the coming months.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

One manager pitches the best reliever in baseball in a tie game.  The other pitches the worst reliever on his entire roster and someone who will be DFA in the coming months.  

Guys like @Jerksticks and @tray are simply looking for attention at this point. Just leave them alone, the act isn’t as fun when no one pays attention to them. 

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

He didn’t challenge a close play and he left a guy who should be pitching mop up, resulting in a loss. You seem to ignoring these basic facts of the matter

• Like 1

Tray and jerksticks remind me of these two fans that sat in front of our season tickets for years. They went to a ton of games and you'd guess they really understood the game and then eberytime they talked to each other, you were so confused because it felt like it was their first game ever. 

Those same guys who at work say they have 30 years of experience but actually have less then 1 year experience 30 times over. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

I would have liked Hamilton to steal against a shitty catcher and give Leury a chance. If you're not running with Hamilton every chance you get, you're not using him correctly.

I was in my car listening on SIRIUS and the NYY announcer was quite animated screaming that Hamilton is in the game to run NOW. First pitch even, His color person agreed Hamilton was in to steal.

• Like 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

No. Like I said, good decisions are made by thought process, not results.

You guys are obsessed with cop outs and deflections and can never just admit a manager made bad decisions. 

Marshall entering in the 8th with runners on the corners was a bad process that worked out in a miraculous way. It took an incredible play by TA and some stupid baserunning on a line drive rocket. TLR then doubled down on the bad idea. How did that work out?

• Like 1