5/21 Chicago @ New York 6:05

SoxBlanco

35 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Pretty much the same everywhere outside of Chicago. Sox caps became cool in the rap community so there's that lingering effect. I think most caps other than Sox and Yankees it's usually fans of the team wearing them.

Yep, being a black hat, it's gang neutral so you can wear it with whatever color you want and the rappers were black markering part of the O to make it say SEX. I'm cool with it though, the black script hat is one of the best logo hats in all of sports, not just baseball and that is why it gets so much love. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Yep, being a black hat, it's gang neutral so you can wear it with whatever color you want and the rappers were black markering part of the O to make it say SEX. I'm cool with it though, the black script hat is one of the best logo hats in all of sports, not just baseball and that is why it gets so much love. 

That reminds me, the moron JR passed up a chance to work with Chance on a custom Sox hat and then Chance created his own hat instead.  Oof.  

15 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I think this is an important series to showcase where we stand in the AL. Yeah we can beat up on the last place Twinkies, but let’s fuck up the Yanks in their own park. 2/3 would be legit. 

This is my thinking, too. 

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Many jobs are very very hard and health and life threatening and very stressful and families get ruined all the time regardless. Sorry not trying to be a dick but I have more pity for every day working stiffs. Moms and Dads away from each other and their kids all day. Many losing jobs,benefits and income from Covid, lay offs, cut backs. You know the working poor.

This all happened to the players too. Plus they don't get to see their kids for a week or two at a time not just for a day. I get the working poor bit. I've done the factory horse racing track work as well. But nothing is as grueling as traveling from place to place every few days, getting to the hotel at 2am, being away from home for 4 months out of the year. The players do get compensated well but they earn it. 

Even in my profession I could have made much more than I do now, not what the players make of course, but it just wasn't worth it.

Edited by ptatc

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

Which rapper. I’ve only ever seen teenage white kids do this. 

living in Toronto I see Sox gear from time to time and often ask people if they’re fans. Most times no, but there’s a couple people I’ve met that like them. 

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Nothing as grueling? Rrrriight. I bet your hands are softer than a baby’s bottom.

what do soft hands have to do with grueling schedules and travel? You may travel differently, I guess. 

But back to the comment, you ever tried taping ankles, Knees and wrists? you get more cuts and blisters and torn finger nails. That part is worse in football though as there is more players.

Just now, ptatc said:

what do soft hands have to do with grueling schedules and travel? You may travel differently, I guess. 

But back to the comment, you ever tried taping ankles, Knees and wrists? you get more cuts and blisters and torn finger nails. That part is worse in football though as there is more players.

You were saying no work was more grueling. Only a person who has never actually done grueling work could reach such a conclusion. Thus they would have soft hands

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

let's cool the personal insults, how about it?

It's fine. He's obviously never experienced it. I get it. It's really difficult to explain how difficult the 8 months of a baseball season is on the mind and body because there isn't a collision or heavy work. It's like saying running a marathon isn't difficult.

14 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

MVPito is back! Is Grandal banged up?

Probably getting the start tomorrow with afternoon game. Weird to play the lefty against the lefty tonight and switch-hitter against righty tomorrow thought but probably doesn't matter much.

Also, I'd move Leury to 9th and then everyone else up a spot.

Edit: someone pointed out that Collins usually catches Rodon.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's fine. He's obviously never experienced it. I get it. It's really difficult to explain how difficult the 8 months of a baseball season is on the mind and body because there isn't a collision or heavy work. It's like saying running a marathon isn't difficult.

I remember being drained from playing 6 games in 5 days sometimes in college.  We'd have a monday game, wednesday game, friday game and then a Saturday doubleheader.  You're at the park for at least 2 hours before, games last 3 hours, and then the bus ride home if you're on the road is 1-3 hours too.  Shit sucked imo.  One of the major reasons I just didn't enjoy playing at that point.

Just now, Vulture said:

You were saying no work was more grueling. Only a person who has never actually done grueling work could reach such a conclusion. Thus they would have soft hands

I would disagree. Your version of grueling I've done as well. After 8-12 hours you get to go home and relax if you want before you do it again. You get 2 days off after every 5 days unless you choose overtime. In baseball half the time you don't get to go home. You have to go right to the hotel and travel until 2 am. sometimes every 3 days. You have very few days off and are constantly beat up. 

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Dude you have never performed grueling work clearly. I don’t know why you are acting like you have. Getting in planes and checking into hotels could only be considered grueling by someone who hasn’t. Your example of hard work is applying tape

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I remember being drained from playing 6 games in 5 days sometimes in college.  We'd have a monday game, wednesday game, friday game and then a Saturday doubleheader.  You're at the park for at least 2 hours before, games last 3 hours, and then the bus ride home if you're on the road is 1-3 hours too.  Shit sucked imo.  One of the major reasons I just didn't enjoy playing at that point.

Yeah, its real difficult. In college there's the whole studying part too.

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Probably getting the start tomorrow with afternoon game. Weird to play the lefty against the lefty tonight and switch-hitter against righty tomorrow thought but probably doesn't matter much.

Seems like Collins is Rodon's catcher 

Not a fan of Garcia being above Vaughn but he had a good series with MIN

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I would disagree. Your version of grueling I've done as well. After 8-12 hours you get to go home and relax if you want before you do it again. You get 2 days off after every 5 days unless you choose overtime. In baseball half the time you don't get to go home. You have to go right to the hotel and travel until 2 am. sometimes every 3 days. You have very few days off and are constantly beat up. 

I know you disagree , because you don’t even know what grueling is since you’ve never actually experienced it