5/21 Chicago @ New York 6:05

SoxBlanco

Just now, greg775 said:

If you are Hahn, you should ask Tony politely why he had Marshall in the game when every Sox fan in America knew at that moment Sox would lose the game OR simply DFA Marshall and send Tony a text telling him Marshall is gone. 

What if Tony put in Liam and he pitched a 35 pitch inning before giving up the winning run ?

Hasn't Hendriks been lit up late, including home runs to RF ?

You can Monday morning quarterback every decision.  That doesn't make you smarter than any major league Manager.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Maybe not being in First place?

If you think this team is in first place because of Tony then your delusional. They had a better record at this point last year with a worse team and Ricky as manager. These teams are luckily loaded with talent who continue to win despite bozos at the helm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

One manager pitches the best reliever in baseball in a tie game.  The other pitches the worst reliever on his entire roster and someone who will be DFA in the coming months.  

Big difference being the Yankees are the home team here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tray and jerksticks remind me of these two fans that sat in front of our season tickets for years. They went to a ton of games and you'd guess they really understood the game and then eberytime they talked to each other, you were so confused because it felt like it was their first game ever. 

Those same guys who at work say they have 30 years of experience but actually have less then 1 year experience 30 times over. 

Nice

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tray said:

What if Tony put in Liam and he pitched a 35 pitch inning before giving up the winning run ?

You can Monday morning quarterback every decision.  That doesn't make you smarter than any major league Manager.

I agree with your premise. I just am one of those fans who is convinced certain players blow chunks. For me, that player is Marshall. No likey.

8 minutes ago, tray said:

You can’t count all of The games LaRussa has tried to give away as wins for this reason. But when a player makes a high leverage mistake, we will call him out. This is a high leverage mistake. Again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

If you think this team is in first place because of Tony then your delusional. They had a better record at this point last year with a worse team and Ricky as manager. These teams are luckily loaded with talent who continue to win despite bozos at the helm. 

Can't compare last year to this year. 

Last year was a meatball for a schedule playing only the central teams.   And the thump in the lineup was night and day.   

I don't think LaRussa has done much to that effect, but I do feel Katz has played a huge role in helping out this rotation.  Now he just needs to figure out what to do with this shit of a bullpen. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

One question for the TLR stans:

Why didn’t he shift against Judge?

Same for Cruz, JD Martinez and other dead pull hitters? Kinda curious how you can rationalize that.

You know the answer to this

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I agree with your premise. I just am one of those fans who is convinced certain players blow chunks. For me, that player is Marshall. No likey.

Marshall did get out of that jam in the 8th...but that double play ball was hit awfully hard.  No reason to bring him out for the 9th.  He ended up facing 5 hitters and didn't fool 4 of them.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tray and jerksticks remind me of these two fans that sat in front of our season tickets for years. They went to a ton of games and you'd guess they really understood the game and then eberytime they talked to each other, you were so confused because it felt like it was their first game ever. 

Those same guys who at work say they have 30 years of experience but actually have less then 1 year experience 30 times over. 

Their seeming assertion that a manager is never to blame for a bad decision because of second guessing is just really precious.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Their seeming assertion that a manager is never to blame for a bad decision because of second guessing is just really precious.

I watch way too many baseball games every day around the league. You almost never see a manager pitch the worst reliever on their roster in the 9th inning of a tie game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Marshall entering in the 8th with runners on the corners was a bad process that worked out in a miraculous way. It took an incredible play by TA and some stupid baserunning on a line drive rocket. TLR then doubled down on the bad idea. How did that work out?

Like I said, sometimes bad decisions work in your favor, and this game was evident of that. 

I also said that the more bad decisions you make the more bad results you will have. This game was also evident of that. 

Some people just don't learn anything and are whimsical when they watch.

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

One question for the TLR stans:

Why didn’t he shift against Judge?

Same for Cruz, JD Martinez and other dead pull hitters? Kinda curious how you can rationalize that.

Shifting is disrespectful.

• Haha 1

Oh well,  I'm over the loss now. Marshall did get out of the jam in the 8th I guess. Maybe he's worth keeping around. Bats were silent tonight and a triple play is really bad luck.

I was really surprised and happy Sox won the final game of that Twins series after the happenings of Game 2. So maybe Sox will come back and win tomorrow. Oh well, I feel better after venting. I'm over it. Adios.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

shitty decision to stick with marshall. no defending that.  I don't mind going to him he had decent stuff but ffs get bummer in there or Liam for the 9th.

I'm sure there were plenty of questions about Marshall in the 8th but he did good. Well a line out bailed him out. But I'm thinking ok who's coming in the 9th. Very shocked to see it was still Marshall.

Once Hamilton didnt steal 2nd and Leury got on with the bunt. I was thinking OK double steal here !? Or does Larussa subscribe to not making the 1st out at 3rd base ? I though nah he has to steal to double steal here. Way easier for Hamilton to steal 3rd and you know the Yankees are going to throw to 3rd to try and get the lead runner. Can't let Vaughn hit into a DP here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tray said:

Because you theoretically are going down with your best bullpen pitcher who is being paid 55 million instead of arguably the worst arm in the pen basically punting the game? 

• Like 1