5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

Just now, fathom said:

Yankees have injuries as well

Yeah but they're not missing 8 WAR for the next 2-3 months. Stanton will be back soon. Hicks is the only guy who's out a while. 

Just now, RagahRagah said:

If Cease and Rodon don't pitch the way they have most of this season so far we could be in really bad shape right now. Almost best case scenario with our rotation and our command as a contender still looks tenuous.

This team will be a contender all year unless something goes horribly wrong beyond the current injuries. 

They are not required to be at the top of lists.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

He did not call a good game yesterday after subbing in for Collins imo.

He didn't and I thought it was an awful decision to bring him in for Collins.   Staying away and allowing them to aim for the short porch was always asking for disaster 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So bases loaded and the guy brought in is Foster? I guess, yeah they’re already down 3 and Cole is in so they’re probably not scoring 3, still feels white Flaggy.

Which is why to me the decisions last night are so bad.  I dont mean to sound like a jerk to state you could this coming.  Roll with Foster Marshall and Ruiz today.  Also what the hell is the point of having Crochet on the team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This team will be a contender all year unless something goes horribly wrong beyond the current injuries. 

They are not required to be at the top of lists.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I don't see that as clear cut as some of you do.

If our MO is going to be getting dismantled by any actually good team then no, we won't be a contender.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moncada said:

He didn't and I thought it was an awful decision to bring him in for Collins.   Staying away and allowing them to aim for the short porch was always asking for disaster 

I understand him pinch hitting there but his at bat looked like he had not even been watching the game at all from the bench...a 3 pitch at bat swinging at stuff out of the zone.

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I don't see that as clear cut as some of you do.

If our MO is going to be getting dismantled by any actually good team then no, we contender. won't be a contender.

One lesson I’ve learned - if you beat up on teams that are genuinely bad, you are a good enough team to be a threat in the playoffs. Iirc that’s been Cleveland’s MO lately.

This team is a contender. That doesn’t guarantee anything, even a playoff birth. But they will be playing meaningful games after August.

1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

They talked about it earlier, but the reason they are where the are record-wise is because the AL central is so shitty,

At some point more people have to acknowledge this and be honest with themselves. 

You're only as good as the teams you beat. If we get beat by every good team it exposes us.

And yes, to be fair injuries are a part of that and most teams are having their issues there. But that makes things a little more even. This Yankees team isn't even full power and we've compared the Sox's situation to theirs in the offseason. We're supposed to be a lot better. And I was picked apart on this forum for being resigned to the idea that they could still be better than us.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

One lesson I’ve learned - if you beat up on teams that are genuinely bad, you are a good enough team to be a threat in the playoffs. Iirc that’s been Cleveland’s MO lately.

This team is a contender. That doesn’t guarantee anything, even a playoff birth. But they will be playing meaningful games after August.

Fair point. But I think that it's mainly because teams tend to find a new breath in the postseason. However I believe that teams like the '06 Cards are the exception to the rule rather than the rule.

Edited by RagahRagah