5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Vaughn might be the most overrated rookie on the Sox since Brian Anderson.  Soon he might be hitting below the Mendoza line as someone pointed out.

Most of our players do not have respectable batting averages. Collins and Grandal? Leury, Hamilton, Eaton, Lamb, Mendick..

LOB is a joke for some guys who you would expect to be knocking in key runs.

OBP is OK for say Grandal, but you have to hit if you want to compete for a championship and you need a lot of home runs.

w/o Eloy and Robert and a reliable bullpen,  this is beginning to look like a middle of the road team that has boosted its current W/L record against sub .500 teams.

I... actually agree with a lot of this. Which forces me to question myself.

Edited by RagahRagah

Just now, fathom said:

Of course....one of the worst base runners I’ve ever seen on the Sox.  

Contact play was on. I am sure in Tony's unwritten rule book, that throw has to be to first. Surprised Boone didn't go on the field and show up his fplayer.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Very unsportsmanlike. 

Throwing a guy out at home instead of going to first is a standard play for a third basemen. It is  is not comparable to what Mercedes did .

Not even close. Benetti went there though. I wonder if JR is listening to that garbage.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Contact play was on. I am sure in Tony's unwritten rule book, that throw has to be to first. Surprised Boone didn't go on the field and show up his fplayer.

I hate Tony so much for making the Sox look like such a joke.  These type of comments are everywhere right now.  He’s the only one who can make a 16-4 win over a rival become a possible turning point in the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Foster and Marshall just aren’t getting it done so far this season 

We will see more Marshall until the Sox drop a few games out of 1st place, then they'll move him into a different role if he hasn't figured it out. I don't see them DFAing Marshall over Ruiz

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

We will see more Marshall until the Sox drop a few games out of 1st place, then they'll move him into a different role if he hasn't figured it out. I don't see them DFAing Marshall over Ruiz

I absolutely can see them getting rid of Marshall over Ruiz

4 minutes ago, tray said:

Throwing a guy out at home instead of going to first is a standard play for a third basemen. It is  is not comparable to what Mercedes did .

Not even close. Benetti went there though. I wonder if JR is listening to that garbage.

Very comparable as each did nothing wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tray said:

Either way it's stupid. Either way. Arbitrary nonsense.

It's so stupid and arbitrary what Tony said and suggested that it just makes it so easy to inject that humor into any situation.