5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

#biden

#Gandhi

White Sox must have let Colome go due to wearing the cap at a 15 degree angle like Sabathia.

Game over at Lake Erie.  CLE 1 1/2 GB.   Cesar Hernandez walks off Alex Colome.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox have the best pitching of every team you listed, this is complete nonsense. Many of you need to start watching other teams play baseball. It is too obvious most of you only watch the white sox.

Just because we have the best starting pitching doesn't mean we are the better team over 7 games WITHOUT Eloy and Robert and with this bullpen playing poorly. The Mets have fantastic pitching and so does Cleveland. How many titles have they won? The Dodgers had great pitching and just finally broke through with Mookie. The As and Rays had great pitching and couldn't get it done. If our bullpen is playing up to its cability then I'd agree pitching can carry us. But until they get lights out, we are behind those teams. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Just because we have the best starting pitching doesn't mean we are the better team over 7 games WITHOUT Eloy and Robert and with this bullpen playing poorly. The Mets have fantastic pitching and so does Cleveland. How many titles have they won? The Dodgers had great pitching and just finally broke through with Mookie. The As and Rays had great pitching and couldn't get it done. If our bullpen is playing up to its cability then I'd agree pitching can carry us. But until they get lights out, we are behind those teams. 

You’re leaving out another NL team, fwiw.  

As far as the Mets go, Lindor definitely needs to get back to form, but they’ve also lost Conforto now and still don’t have the lockdown pen they targeted in the Kelenic trade.  Of course, a Thor return is there and the Braves are doing themselves no favors, especially Huascar Ynoa pulling a Carlos Quentin.

The Giants, fwiw, have salvaged the careers of Gausman, Desclafini, Aaron Sanchez and today, blast from the past Scott Kazmir...Tauchman not so much, .198 and a 617 ops.  Just turned 30, which is increasingly the new 33-35 for baseball players over the last 5-7 years as the game has completely changed.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You’re leaving out another NL team, fwiw.  

As far as the Mets go, Lindor definitely needs to get back to form, but they’ve also lost Conforto now and still don’t have the lockdown pen they targeted in the Kelenic trade.  Of course, a Thor return is there and the Braves are doing themselves no favors, especially Huascar Ynoa pulling a Carlos Quentin.

The Giants, fwiw, have salvaged the careers of Gausman, Desclafini, Aaron Sanchez and today, blast from the past Scott Kazmir...Tauchman not so much, .198 and a 617 ops.  Just turned 30, which is increasingly the new 33-35 for baseball players over the last 5-7 years as the game has completely changed.

Kazmir hasn't made a start for them. I wouldn't say they "salvaged his career" when he has yet to pitch for them.

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Not with an anemic offense and putrid bullpen. Cant expect our starters to stay hot all year and pitch 8 innings every time out

With all the games against the AL Central, we will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ok, so the sox aren't going to fail to win a series until Detroit then? Got it. 

This is exactly how Iowa Hawkeye fans act when the team suffers some disappointing losses...goodbye NCAA tourney, buy out the coach who recruits like he’s in the Missouri Valley instead of Top Ten, get rid of the AD, we won’t win again, ever, or we’ll go 7-5 or 6-6 or 8-4 every season in football and never get rid of the Ferentz family.   No matter what happens, we’ll run into a much more athletic team to stop us cold mo matter what preseason dreams and aspirations are bandied about.

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Or maybe you let “Manny be Manny” and continue to kick ass.  Instead we have a team dealing all week with a stupid, unnecessary distraction and playing some of its worst baseball of the season.

With all the distractions, Rodon struck out 13 Yankees in 6 innings last night. I guess he didn't get the memo

1 minute ago, SCCWS said:

With all the distractions, Rodon struck out 13 Yankees in 6 innings last night. I guess he didn't get the memo

Just eat green apples, everything will be fine in the end.  Actually, Rodon’s evolved into one of those more mature guys you don’t worry about getting distracted by outside noise.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Behind what, genius boy? Please present me all your facts that show us the sox are the 5th best team in the AL right now, clown show.

You really want me to rehash the endless arguments made about this before the season started that had us all at each other's throats? You were involved in them, lol. 

Also weird how anytime you are challenged you have to immediately start with thr condescending buddies, chiefs and pals. Genius boy is a new one, though.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is just trash posting.  There are so many code words hidden in here, you have pretty much shown yourself to everyone.  If it wasn't clear before what your   deal is...

I watched the video of Mercedes ignoring the take sign and loading up to hit the home run.

This is a guy who just came into fame and fortune and decided to showboat.

And yes, IMO, multiple gold necklaces worn on the field by a baseball player look trashy to me. 

Someone has to take the garbage out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tray said:

I watched the video of Mercedes ignoring the take sign and loading up to hit the home run.

This is a guy who just came into fame and fortune and decided to showboat.

And yes, IMO, multiple gold necklaces worn on the field by a baseball player look trashy to me. 

Someone has to take the garbage out.

Ummmm...holy shit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox have the best pitching of every team you listed, this is complete nonsense. Many of you need to start watching other teams play baseball. It is too obvious most of you only watch the white sox.

I see Boston a lot and I think their starting pitching is mediocre. They have a great closer and average pen. I think our combined pitching staff is better than Boston's. 

41 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is exactly how Iowa Hawkeye fans act when the team suffers some disappointing losses...goodbye NCAA tourney, buy out the coach who recruits like he’s in the Missouri Valley instead of Top Ten, get rid of the AD, we won’t win again, ever, or we’ll go 7-5 or 6-6 or 8-4 every season in football and never get rid of the Ferentz family.   No matter what happens, we’ll run into a much more athletic team to stop us cold mo matter what preseason dreams and aspirations are bandied about.

Sir this is a Wendy's...

• Fire 1