5/22 Sox @NYY 12:05 pm

1 hour ago, Moncada said:

He didn't and I thought it was an awful decision to bring him in for Collins.   Staying away and allowing them to aim for the short porch was always asking for disaster 

He also stayed away and allowed 3 homers to the Royals to RF with wind blowing out.    Doesn’t any coaches or TLR talk to Grandal or all pitches from the dugout?  Also called fastballs to Sano and 3 homers resulted.

A lot of us may have overrated our team...or underrated the losses of Eloy and Robert, the loss of McCann (given the offensive numbers that Collins and Grandall have been putting up) and maybe we over-rated our bullpen.

OK LaRussa, LaRussa LaRussa, but maybe we just aren't what some of us thought we were - a top tier team .

1 minute ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

The AL East is big boy .  Sox lucky they are in AL Central as they would be a 500 team in the East.

Not even sure they would be .500...thankfully we are in the dumpster fire division.  Not sure we can even win this poor division, but all it gets you is a short stay in the playoffs anyways.

These 3 games in New York will likely be our toughest series of the season.  On the bright side, we've already gotten 4 in Boston out of the way as well as 4 in LA.  The Oakland, Houston, and Tampa series will also be tough but look on the bright side.  Win tomorrow and things are ok.

Edited by Green Line

2 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Not even sure they would be .500...thankfully we are in the dumpster fire division.  Not sure we can even win this poor division, but all it gets you is a short stay in the playoffs anyways.

I can’t decide if this site is full of bandwagon dudes or dudes who don’t watch baseball. Anyone who thinks we can’t win the central has never watched pro sports 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I'm sure Boone will send a message to apologize to Tony after the game.  Will Tony have his pitcher throwing at the Yankee infielder tomorrow?

Tony better knock down a Yankee tomorrow. Same situation. 

BTW, since when did baseball worry about this showing up the other team so much? Astros cheating scandal, pitchers putting substances on the ball, stealing signs, figuring out tipped pitches. It's all so stupid and inconsistent. But up 7-0 throw a guy out at the plate? Time for a HBP tomorrow and bench clearing brawl. Get ready for Sox starter to get ejected early. If not Sox look even more like patsies under Tony, only worried about the opponent's feelings, not their own.

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I can’t decide if this site is full of bandwagon dudes or dudes who don’t watch baseball. Anyone who thinks we can’t win the central has never watched pro sports 

Have watched 40+ years of White Sox baseball...one thing I have learned for sure is only a fool would think they are some sort of lock to win the division.  Also, I never said they can't win the division.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tray said:

A lot of us may have overrated our team...or underrated the losses of Eloy and Robert, the loss of McCann (given the offensive numbers that Collins and Grandall have been putting up) and maybe we over-rated our bullpen.

OK LaRussa, LaRussa LaRussa, but maybe we just aren't what some of us thought we were - a top tier team .

I couldn't believe that some fans thought the loss of Eloy was not significant, or they looked for a silver lining because he wasn't playing left field. Add the loss of Robert, and you have some big problems. Every team hits bad stretches. We will see how long this lasts and how things will be when they come out of it. They have been exposed some.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Have watched 40+ years of White Sox baseball...one thing I have learned for sure is only a fool would think they are some sort of lock to win the division.  Also, I never said they can't win the division.

Being old doesn’t make you correct #trump

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Tony better knock down a Yankee tomorrow. Same situation. 

BTW, since when did baseball worry about this showing up the other team so much? Astros cheating scandal, pitchers putting substances on the ball, stealing signs, figuring out tipped pitches. It's all so stupid and inconsistent. But up 7-0 throw a guy out at the plate? Time for a HBP tomorrow and bench clearing brawl. Get ready for Sox starter to get ejected early. If not Sox look even more like patsies under Tony, only worried about the opponent's feelings, not their own.

No, no, no. No throwing at anyone. No brawls. This can only lead to possible injuries and players getting suspended. A team is supposed to keep the other team from scoring. Nothing wrong with the throw. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I couldn't believe that some fans thought the loss of Eloy was not significant, or they looked for a silver lining because he wasn't playing left field. Add the loss of Robert, and you have some big problems. Every team hits bad stretches. We will see how long this lasts and how things will be when they come out of it. They have been exposed some.

Sox have had the easiest schedule in baseball so far. They got fat beating up on creampuffs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Sox have had the easiest schedule in baseball so far. They got fat beating up on creampuffs. 

We are a good team for sure. But no as good as the Yankees, Boston, Astros, and Rays just yet. We have more potential, but we are not there yet. Especially if the bullpen continues to be a concern. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

No, no, no. No throwing at anyone. No brawls. This can only lead to possible injuries and players getting suspended. A team is supposed to keep the other team from scoring. Nothing wrong with the throw. 

Disagree. It's a blatant violation of the Tony-supported unwritten rules.

52 minutes ago, tray said:

DA:  I encourage you to look at the video of Mercedes glancing down to the third base coach for a sign, seemingly ignoring it or blowing it off, and loading up for the meaningless HR already while up 11 runs at the end of the game. He pimped it a bit and all the gold necklaces jangling around his neck  as he rounded the bases didn't take away from that perception.

Forget what you think about LaRussa for a minute  (and it has already been discussed ad nauseum)  wouldn't it serve Mercedes better as a rookie to be a little more low key, more respectful and a bit humble? Or maybe that is another old school, unwritten rule that doesn't matter either.

Now you're just literally making shit up.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We are a good team for sure. But no as good as the Yankees, Boston, Astros, and Rays just yet. We have more potential, but we are not there yet. Especially if the bullpen continues to be a concern. 

Lol wuht. Come on roche, this is just pure nonsense. I get game thread over reactions but Boston, Yankees and rays all have big issues as well. Astros are nice but have no pitching depth. The sox are fine. 

There's no such thing as a cupcake schedule, this isn't college sports

40 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Jajaja man, these threads are always such a dumpster fire of hot takes after losses.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jajaja man, these threads are always such a dumpster fire of hot takes after losses.

I'm not sure this team wins another series all year....they suck!!!

• Haha 1