5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

21 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

He plays gold glove caliber defense and has a decent bat. He’s not Robert but he’s a good player. So what’s your point ? 

My point is obvious - if you are saying "just wait until Engel gets back" then the outfield must be pretty bad.

7 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I mean what’s to contribute. It’s essentially a room full of kenwos who are never happy and are literally the embodiment of everything wrong with sox fans. 

Because we think an outfield containing Billy Hamilton and Jake Lamb is bad and don't expect Engel to be a savior? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I mean what’s to contribute. It’s essentially a room full of kenwos who are never happy and are literally the embodiment of everything wrong with sox fans. 

There’s plenty to contribute. What do you think of the lineup? What about the matchup? Maybe a particular player’s chances today. Other games going on? How the next series is set up? Who’s gone when Engel is back? There’s lots of stuff. 

1 minute ago, SoxFanForever said:

Because we think an outfield containing Billy Hamilton and Jake Lamb is bad and don't expect Engel to be a savior? 

Yeah  engel is better....

But the fact the engel is better -shows up depleted our outfield is right now.

12 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Pal, you managed to describe yourself on 1 sentence and for that I commend you. 

And Kenwo is a larussa stan and hates on players. I dont see many people here doing either of those things.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Engel isn’t a savior, but he should be a good boost. He’d likely be our best OF today, which although depressing, is still an improvement. Depth is depth. 

yeah i agree... but the orginal post I was responding to was "y'all just a bunch of babies - just wait until Engel is back"   which basically is ironic and just proves that the outfield is bad.

6 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Offense is going to have to score 5 or 6 today with Kuechel on the mound.

Crap, I was thinking Keuchel is going to have to hold them to one or two with that lineup

Edited by Vulture

40 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

While true. I’d want Engel to replace Vaughn in the outfield when Eloy comes back. Better defense and Vaughn will never be a long term outfielder. 

Lol...you want to rock an outfield of Engel, Leury / Hamilton, & Eaton?  Never change Longo!

38 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

You must have a sadly pathetic life then to waste all your free time policing a forum you hate

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bad Hombre said:

Not sure if Lamb in RF and Eaton in LF is a specific response to the dimensions of Yankee Stadium, or if this signals a willingness to have Eaton adjust to LF to allow Engel to play RF and Vaughn/Eaton LF when Robert and Engel return.

On ability, Engel should never play LF in any defensive combination the Sox have, but thought Tony may never ask Eaton to play LF, because veteran / “he’s earned RF”. The defensive flexibility employed this season, including Vaughn and Mendick in the OF corners, has been encouraging, regardless of who is driving these moves (Hahn, Tony, or both).

Edited by South Side Hit Men

30 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Engel isn’t a savior, but he should be a good boost. He’d likely be our best OF today, which although depressing, is still an improvement. Depth is depth. 

Nothing wrong with being excited about Engel coming back, but we’ll still need more after that IMO.

55 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Look in the mirror. 

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Vaughn struggling so he sits?  Eaton struggling and banged up so he goes to LF so Lamb can play RF?  What exactly is the logic other than more of TLR’s special brilliance?

Could it be less area to cover in right and with a left handed pitcher more balls to left.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic