5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

Who IIRC hadn't caught fire yet. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

But they played and were managed like shit the whole series. Clearly there is no real proof this team can be a real contender yet. And the bullpen problems only seem to be getting worse.

When the Sox went to Boston they won like 10 in a row. Judging individual series is pretty silly anyway. Remember when the 100 loss White Sox took three out of four from the WS winning Astros? 

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Who IIRC hadn't caught fire yet. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

But they played and were managed like shit the whole series. Clearly there is no real proof this team can be a real contender yet. And the bullpen problems only seem to be getting worse.

THEY HAD WON 9 STRAIGHT COMING INTO THE SERIES.

Jesus, for someone that preaches logic, you’re an absolute dunce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Putting your closer into a game with bases loaded and one out in a tie game is not “whatever” but it’s ok if you don’t understand the game, it can be complicated sometimes. 

Do you understand the game?  Your closer probably is supposed to be the pitcher with the best control in your bullpen.  That he can't throw a single strike(Judge swung just to get out of the way) is a problem.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I agree, I am pretty much indifferent about TLR.  Criticizing TLR for keeping Bummer in is pretty much just going to come from TLR haters.

Keeping him in?  Fine.  The moment he allowed a baserunner he should've been pulled.  

I can't believe y'all are giving TLR a pass while getting pissed at Hendricks.  What happened to putting guys in position to succeed?  

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Do you understand the game?  Your closer probably is supposed to be the pitcher with the best control in your bullpen.  That he can't throw a single strike(Judge swung just to get out of the way) is a problem.

Go pound sand. 

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why he continues to try and steal a 2nd inning from these guys I just do not know. It hasn't worked once this year it feels like, but Tony keeps on pushing.

It really is unbelievable...he has no feel for this bullpen.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Putting your closer into a game with bases loaded and one out in a tie game is not “whatever” but it’s ok if you don’t understand the game, it can be complicated sometimes. 

Every top reliever in baseball should be prepared to come into the ballgame with the bases loaded and throw the ball over the plate.  The guys who should most be expected to do that are the closers making the big cash.  Hendriks is one of the highest paid RPs in baseball.  Certainly he should have been up to the task.

I am as against TLR as anyone else, but I don't have a problem with how he managed the 8th or 9th.  Bummer vs. the lefty and he got his groundball but it was an IF hit.  We needed a K so we brought in the big money closer to get it.  Both are logical moves.

As far as not starting the inning with Hendriks, let's not pretend he's been a sparkling Mr. Clean so far either.  I could clearly see the reasoning for trusting the ground baller Bummer over Hendriks right now.  But when Bummer didn't get the job done, Hendriks was the guy.

The bottom is that if this pen is going to be any good at all, both Bummer and Hendriks need to get it done.  Both of them.

That was Hendriks‘ 2nd walk all season

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Hahn is no builder of championship caliber organizations.

He's terribly miscast in the corporate world.

But then again with Reinsdorf  you"re behind the 8 ball from jump.

Yep. Everyone giving Larussa shit but Hahn is the one who assembled this "elite" bullpen. Wah Wah. Bummer and Hendricks might have to pitch more than one inning or come in during "high pressure" situations. Its so unfair they are the only relievers in all of mlb who face challenges like that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Keeping him in?  Fine.  The moment he allowed a baserunner he should've been pulled.  

I can't believe y'all are giving TLR a pass while getting pissed at Hendricks.  What happened to putting guys in position to succeed?  

Take a gander at the TLR thread...I'm sure he will not be getting a pass on this one.

Oh, you wanted him to groove one to one of the hottest hitters in MLB?  

You act like he had choices.  Groove him strikes and it's nearly guaranteed game over.  Nibble to get him to chase and it's still nearly guaranteed game over.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

also good luck getting Jerry to greenlight any other FA signings after the abysmal failures of Hendriks and Grandal

It doesn't matter with that old cheap fuck.  He's always going to be tight.  

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

You act like he had choices.  Groove him strikes and it's nearly guaranteed game over.  Nibble to get him to chase and it's still nearly guaranteed game over.

Well let's see, when he has 3 balls on him yes I would rather him groove one than walk him.  Are you serious?

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

also good luck getting Jerry to greenlight any other FA signings after the abysmal failures of Hendriks and Grandal

Grandal is still an above average hitter with a historically low BABIP, Hendriks has a 2.5xFIP. Abysmal  failures LOl. 
Grandal and Hendriks are not the buggest probkem on this team. They won’t probably make top 10.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

4 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Aaron Judge still has never had an actual walk off hit his entire career.

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Well let's see, when he has 3 balls on him yes I would rather him groove one than walk him.  Are you serious?

I'm not defending Hendricks...of course he should've grooved on with 3 balls.

My central point was that he was brought into a no-win situation and yet, because he gets paid a lot of money, you think he should be able to overcome any situation thrown at him.  TLR fucked him, plain and simple.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic