5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

reiks12

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I just wouldn’t talk about him like he is a Goldschmidt level prospect because he has never shown that yet professionally. And is 4 inches shorter.  Unless he was  showing that level, he can be traded.  We can call small sample size, but if we do, that means projection.

Goldschmidt was an 8th round pick out of Texas State...I think you mean MLB-level production expected out of that position in line with him, not his status as a "top prospect."

Just now, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

How much value can you put on Schaumburg? 

Some people seem to think Vaughn is the next coming of Kris Bryant. Vaughn hasn't hit enough to show that he is gonna be a superstar. Look at his numbers against right handed pitching and you are looking at a below replacement level player.

I value it and the internal evaluation of him much more than your opinion on his ability to hit right handed pitching because of 108 AB's as a 23 year old while learning a new position and not having played in live games above A-Ball. Vaughn xwOBA is above league average despite what your thoughts on him are.

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Predraft, sure.

Pre-everything. Pre-MLB career. Goldschmidt was never even a top 10 prospect in the Diamondbacks system. Vaughn is a much bigger hitting prospect than Paul Goldschmidt was, and he's had 108 at bats.

Vaughn avg EV is in the 80+% percentile, Hard his % is in the 85+ percentile, and his max EV is in the 93 percentile. He needs to get the ball up a bit more and he'll be lights out.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pre-everything. Pre-MLB career. Goldschmidt was never even a top 10 prospect in the Diamondbacks system. Vaughn is a much bigger hitting prospect than Paul Goldschmidt was, and he's had 108 at bats.

Vaughn avg EV is in the 80+% percentile, Hard his % is in the 85+ percentile, and his max EV is in the 93 percentile. He needs to get the ball up a bit more and he'll be lights out.

Goldy raked like an absolute stud from day 1 professional. Cant say the same respective to the Cal guy. I mean, he was respectable. But I think the Snakes could see what they had on their hands prettyyyy quick. Can we? Caufield says we cannot yet, which I agree with. Therefore, Vaughn is tradeable. All Im saying.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Goldy raked like an absolute stud from day 1 professional. Cant say the same respective to the Cal guy. I mean, he was respectable. But I think the Snakes could see what they had on their hands prettyyyy quick. Can we? Caufield says we cannot yet, which I agree with. Therefore, Vaughn is tradeable. All Im saying.

Paul Goldschmidt had a 151 wRC+ at A+ at the same age Vaughn is playing in the big leagues. If you don't think Vaughn would have had a 150ish wRC+ at the same level last year after having around a 130 wRC+ after a long college season then we can agree to disagree.

You said he wasn't as big of a prospect as Paul Goldschmidt. That was 100% incorrect. Vaughn has been a much bigger prospect every step of the way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I value it and the internal evaluation of him much more than your opinion on his ability to hit right handed pitching because of 108 AB's as a 23 year old while learning a new position and not having played in live games above A-Ball. Vaughn xwOBA is above league average despite what your thoughts on him are.

I'm a Vaughn guy and think he will end up as a pretty damn good mlb hitter. I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here. If Vaughn is a truly elite bat like you keep repeating then I wouldn't expect him to struggle much at all. His advanced bat and eye should have him at much more than his current steamer projection of 1.1 war for the whole year. The Sox are trying to win a world series. They need more than a one win guy in left this year.

1 minute ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

I'm a Vaughn guy and think he will end up as a pretty damn good mlb hitter. I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here. If Vaughn is a truly elite bat like you keep repeating then I wouldn't expect him to struggle much at all. His advanced bat and eye should have him at much more than his current steamer projection of 1.1 war for the whole year. The Sox are trying to win a world series. They need more than a one win guy in left this year.

This is such a terrible take but I can't say I'm surprised.

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Once again, why are we arguing about Vaughn on a day where he hit a pinch hit home run off Aroldis Chapman?  I don't get that.

Who knows. I'll have none of this vaughn slander on my notifications though lol.

Nothing worse than when people say things like "I'm a such and such guy" all while ripping the guy.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

Once again, why are we arguing about Vaughn on a day where he hit a pinch hit home run off Aroldis Chapman?  I don't get that.

Some people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, and that's putting it extremely lightly.

I

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who knows. I'll have none of this vaughn slander on my notifications though lol.

Nothing worse than when people say things like "I'm a such and such guy" all while ripping the guy.

CJ Abrams guy for the record. Vaughn always made me nervous. As did Madrigal.  I know, good for me yay.

You still have insider access to the Padres Financials? I'm wondering how they were able to add so much payroll over the last years due to all that ballpark debt??

No idea what this means; you got me confused with someone else there champ. I never pretended to have "insider access" to any financials and outside of calling the Padres cheap before the binge I've never even commented on their financials.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No idea what this means; you got me confused with someone else there champ. I never pretended to have "insider access" to any financials and outside of calling the Padres cheap before the binge I've never even commented on their financials.

Not true. Soxtalk never forgets.

Not true. Soxtalk never forgets.

Clearly you have forgotten, as I have never claimed to have inside knowledge of any sorts on this forum, and certainly not of the Padres financials.

About as accurate with this assessment as you are your one of Andrew Vaughn.

48 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Some people seem to think Vaughn is the next coming of Kris Bryant. Vaughn hasn't hit enough to show that he is gonna be a superstar. Look at his numbers against right handed pitching and you are looking at a below replacement level player.

I don't think Schaumburg production means a whole lot. But I also think making decisions on a rookie after 109 MLB at bats also doesn't  make sense.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep, you can’t have an outfield of Lamb, Hamilton and Eaton and expect to beat the Yankees on a consistent basis. 

While this is true. It's just one of the problems. Yes TLR has been bad but I don't think every time the BP melts down can be blamed on him.

The Sox have 2 guys in the pen , 2 of their best who are being used in ways to keep them available for larger roles down the stretch in Kopech and Crochet . Most of the time they can't be used every other day . That's why we are seeing the other guys pitching more than 1 inning or in late inning crucial situations. It's not that TLR doesn't know the limitations of his guys . It's how they are using Kopech and Crochet that have forced the others into roles they haven't been able to handle. The Sox just need better relievers than what they have been getting from  Heuer, Foster, Marshall and Ruiz. But any new relief arms will basically inherit the same roles as they have now.

The Sox are just going to have to muddle through relying on the starting pitching , outbursts from the offense and the weak division that have got them this far. Another arm or 2 in the BP would be nice or a good quality LH power hitter but that's a big get that I doubt the Sox are willing to sacrifice very much for.

Ride the starting pitching and hope Rodon can pitch more innings than expected but some arms would help in that regard too. Rodon, Kopech and Crochet all need to be there at the finish line and the BP is suffering because Kopech and Crochet can't be used in late innings on a regular basis. That leaves  us seeing way more than we expected to see from Ruiz, Marshall , Foster and Heuer. Kopech and Crochet are more than likely to continue in the roles they have now til at least the end of August and that's a long way off. That puts a lot of heat and innings on the others that, so far, they can't handle. Bummer and Hendriks not being as good as we all thought hasn't helped either.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Clearly you have forgotten, as I have never claimed to have inside knowledge of any sorts on this forum, and certainly not of the Padres financials.

About as accurate with this assessment as you are your one of Andrew Vaughn.

To be fair, dont you have inside knowledge of the clutchness (apologize if that is not a word) of one Joe Crede based on some # crunching of your own?

1 hour ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Well considering Vaughn and Burger's progress this year at much higher levels than they have ever played at previously,  I think it is obvious it had value 

• Like 2

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic