Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
reiks12

5/23 White Sox vs Yankees

Recommended Posts

Vaughn should be in the minors. Vaughn missed a year of minor league development. Have you ever worked somewhere and had an employee that was improperly trained but had a good ability for the job? Im sure they made mistakes and it took them longer to catch on. Baseball is a business and Vaughn is an under trained employee. He is doing all the right things for the White Sox and his ability to take over LF and perform at an adequate level has been terrific. The bat will catch up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tony said:

 You really can't seem to figure it out, which while not at all surprising, I'll try to make it as clear as possible for a small-minded individual such as your self. No extra charge. 

This is where things began, you stated an incorrect fact. You formed your opinion based on incorrect information. NO WHERE in that post did you mention you may be wrong. So I didn't call you out AFTER you said you may be wrong, I called you out BEFORE that, when you made this false claim. Get your facts straight. 

I told you they split with the Red Sox, which would make your previous claim of "only tested for the first time against a good team and failed miserably." This is where you first claimed "perhaps" you were wrong, which is also somewhat odd seeing the time it took you to even reply to my original post, you could have very easily looked up the Red Sox had won nine straight at that point, so there is really no "perhaps" about it.

This is just another in a long line of shit posts from you that you just can't get over. You've shown time after time you don't know baseball, you're an incredibly negative person, and I genuinely don't like you. I enjoy when you continue to make an ass out of yourself, and I will continue to call it out when it happens and I'm around to see it. It's really pretty simple. So you can feel bad for me, or sorry for me, or whatever feeling you want to include. Go nuts, sprinkles. I'll be here, laughing at your shit posts all season long. 

I stated right off the bat "I may be wrong."

I'm not sure how many more times this bears repeating. Yet you seem to keep wanting to draw attention to it as if I didn't admit it.

Which shows that you're a troll. Forgetting the Sox won 2 games against Boston has zero correlation with baseball knowledge and if you think it does then you're ignorant.

You are simply a troll who is now drawing attention and engaging in childish namecalling all because I forgot about a single series? I guess since some people like yourself can't admit being wrong then it makes sense for you to shred someone who can.

Which makes you a pathetic and small child. 

 

A "shit post" is an immature douche mocking someone for being a man and admitting he was wrong (doesn't take anything away from my point, BTW but I admit it just the same). You need some Self-awareness. Saying someone made a "shit post" for simply forgetting a detail is merely human. You make a lot of bad posts yourself so perhaps you should keep your ego in check. 

"Sprinkles?" Really? You are really that insecure?

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I am convinced Ragah roots against the White Sox and enjoys when they lose. He is the only poster on here who legit takes joy in the Sox losing so he can claim he was "right" about something because apparently good teams never get swept or something.

Of course. When someone ends up looking correct, troll them and make absurd accusations at them to try to make yourself look better and feel better about looking more and more ridiculous. 

Simply stating what I see and then watching it appear frighteningly close to reality doesn't mean I take pleasure in it. If more people acknowledged it was happening rather than live in denial then that wouldn't need to be a thing. Your aggressive push is just you drawing attention away from yourself and towards me, as with a few others here. It's strange how many adults clutch to these childish and insecure tactics. Fragile egos are so pathetic and there are a lot of them here.

 

But nice try, pal. Want to try again, buddy? You sure, chief? See you later, genius boy! Bye, champ!

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

You still have insider access to the Padres Financials? I'm wondering how they were able to add so much payroll over the last years due to all that ballpark debt??

That was probably me, lol...

I was just taking the Devil's Advocate position they couldn't possibly spend $173 million...this was, of course, months and months before the 14 year extension, the longest contract in MLB history (well, technically Bobby Bonilla, haha), was announced.

That the Wil Myers and Hosmer contracts would serve as a drag, along with Machado's...and this was also before they added Clevinger, Darvish (another big salary), Musgrove and Snell from the Rays.

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/the-san-diego-padres-with-money-to-spend/

2009 – $42.79 (29th)

2010 – $ 37.79 (29th)

2011 – $45.86 (28th)

2012 – $55.24 (30th)

2013 – $67.14 (26th)

2014 – $90.09 (21st)

2015 – $100.67 (22nd)

2016 – $112.89 (17th)

2017 – $71.62 (28th)

2018 – $96.13 (25th)

Finally, the new ownership group led by Ron Fowler and the O’Malley heirs ramped up payroll from 2013 and beyond, minus the 2016 season, which saw the beginning of a veteran-based “retooling” program (Shields/Kemp/Upton, etc.) and that also saw the team invest an amazing $80+ million in international signings and another $16+ million during that year’s first-year-player draft-eligible players’ draft.

So even when seeing the team’s major league payroll drop during the 2017 season, the team spent almost $100 million on amateur talent, which created the foundation for what is currently the top-rated farm system and envy of all of baseball. This hot lava really was brought on by the tremendous investment that this ownership group gave the green light to.

On top of all this, the team has now given out the three largest contracts in team history in three successive seasons.

2016- James Shields Free Agent- 4-years/$75 million

2017- Wil Myers Extension- 6-years/$83 million including a $20 million team option for 2023

2018- Eric Hosmer Free Agent- 8-years/$133 million

2019 Manny Machado Free Agent  8 years/$240 million

2020 Fernando Tatis, Jr. (internal)  14 years/$340 million (some deferred)

(Note:  FIVE, count 'em FIVE, contracts bigger than the biggest in White Sox history for Yasmani Grandal...and a CJ Abrams extension would be #6.)

...

Now let’s talk about the sheer amount of money and revenue in the game of baseball, and specifically, the amount for the San Diego Padres.

Forbes has recently valued the Padres organization at approximately $1.3 billion, which is quite a jump from the $800 million total the Fowler-led group acquired the team for only six short seasons ago, with estimated revenues of $266 million and an operating income at approximately $26 million yearly.

The twenty year Fox Sports San Diego (now Bally Sports) deal signed in 2012 also brings in on average $50 million yearly to Padre coffers.

Contributing to, and adding to the windfall major league teams are bringing in, are the recent sale of BamTech to Disney, where each team received proceeds approaching another $50 million. The league also extended National TV rights for another seven seasons starting in 2021 thru the 2028 season for $5.1 billion. Those national TV rights are spread throughout the league among ownership groups and certainly give teams more money than ever before.

So going into this off season, with the top farm system in baseball and money to spend, this ownership group has one thing in mind, and that is putting their money where their mouth is and putting a winning product out on the field.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well considering Vaughn and Burger's progress this year at much higher levels than they have ever played at previously,  I think it is obvious it had value 

i'm sure it had some value. Just not sure it was much. Guys like jared Kelley and Zach Burdi were at Schaumburg also and they are scuffling big time this year. 

Like most things in life, guys are likely getting back what they put in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Of course. When someone ends up looking correct, troll them and make absurd accusations at them to try to make yourself look better and feel better about looking more and more ridiculous. 

Simply stating what I see and then watching it appear frighteningly close to reality doesn't mean I take pleasure in it. Your aggressive push is just you drawing attention away from yourself and towards me. It's strange how many adults clutch to these childish tactics.

 

But nice try, pal. Want to try again, buddy? You sure, chief? See you later, genius boy! Bye, champ!

You look right because the sox had one bad series? Ok guy. Whatever makes you feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You look right because the sox had one bad series? Ok guy. Whatever makes you feel better.

If you were actually attempting to make a reasonable argument and actually paying attention to my posts instead of just trying to earn useless cool points for your stupid reaction emojies on the forum you would know it's a lot more than just that because I've explained it up and down the line... "buddy." Or champ. Or guy. Or pal. Or whatever stupid childish flair you want to put on the end of your childish comments.

I always attempt to reason with people but at this point I think I've lost my patience and am just going to start putting more of the trolls on ignore because some people just want to be fucking kids and fish for emojies rather than have a sensible fucking discussion because of their fragile fucking egos and insecurity. 

I grow tired of people who not only don't listen at all after endless repetition but DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO. 

If I am going to be the only one to admit when I make a mistake and then get shredded for it by people who are actually going to try to act like their shit never stinks then frankly it's a waste of my time even trying and really, those people can fuck off because they are just children looking for attention and I'm not giving it to them anymore. These people are gonna bullshit everyone and claim they can't stand certain posters but still reply to them because they want attention. I don't so I'll gladly say fuck you to such people (like yourself) and put them on ignore and from now on focus on having discussions with people who aren't immature douchebags. Fuck it.

Since I'm looking for rational discussion and not attention like childish dickheads like you, I won't have any problem actually putting people like yourself on ignore. I actually back up what I say.

/rant.

"Buddy!"

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

i'm sure it had some value. Just not sure it was much. Guys like jared Kelley and Zach Burdi were at Schaumburg also and they are scuffling big time this year. 

Like most things in life, guys are likely getting back what they put in. 

If you take more out of the kids who are struggling than the ones who jumped multiple levels, you have totally fulfilled your last sentence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

Vaughn should be in the minors. Vaughn missed a year of minor league development. Have you ever worked somewhere and had an employee that was improperly trained but had a good ability for the job? Im sure they made mistakes and it took them longer to catch on. Baseball is a business and Vaughn is an under trained employee. He is doing all the right things for the White Sox and his ability to take over LF and perform at an adequate level has been terrific. The bat will catch up.

Completely agree with this.  I can't believe the expectations some have for him at this point.  Not a chance I would consider including him in any trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If you were actually attempting to make a reasonable argument and actually paying attention to my posts instead of just trying to earn useless cool points for your stupid reaction emojies on the forum you would know it's a lot more than just that because I've explained it up and down the line... "buddy." Or champ. Or guy. Or pal. Or whatever stupid childish flair you want to put on the end of your childish comments.

I always attempt to reason with people but at this point I think I've lost my patience and am just going to start putting more of the trolls on ignore because some people just want to be fucking kids and fish for emojies rather than have a sensible fucking discussion because of their fragile fucking egos and insecurity.  

I grow tired of people who not only don't listen at all after endless repetition but DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO. 

If I am going to be the only one to admit when I make a mistake and then get shredded for it by people who are actually going to try to act like their shit never stinks then frankly it's a waste of my time even trying and really, those people can fuck off because they are just children looking for attention and I'm not giving it to them anymore. These people are gonna bullshit everyone and claim they can't stand certain posters but still reply to them because they want attention. I don't so I'll gladly say fuck you to such people (like yourself) and put them on ignore and from now on focus on having discussions with people who aren't immature douchebags. Fuck it.

Since I'm looking for rational discussion and not attention like childish dickheads like you, I won't have any problem actually putting people like yourself on ignore. I actually back up what I say.

/rant.

"Buddy!"

😂

Wow, guy is pounding his chest about the Sox not being "that good" because they got swept in a series.

White Sox were 2-2 vs the East (before this series), 6-4 vs the West, and 17-9 vs the Central. They lead the AL in run differential despite having been banged up much of the year. They're 4th in the AL in runs scored and 1st in the AL in runs against. But yes, you are so right about the Sox just not being "that good" because they lost one series to a team who came in on fire (6 in a row now and 8 of 10), with their starters just in a grove. The teams you've been raving about (Indians and Twins) as being big time competition and dangerous have played the same amount of AL Central foes (Cleveland) and have a run differential of -2.

The Yankees - who you are citing as some god compared to the Sox have played two more games than the White Sox and have scored 38 fewer runs while giving up two more. It took a 10 game (Rays) and a 6 game (Yankees) winning streak during the White Sox little spudder for you to come in pounding your chest about how right you were all along; when you never questioned the offense and your concern was almost entirely tied to the pitching which has been absolutely lights out all year. Spare me your little rant about how people should argue and your absurd name calling. You haven't been "right" about the White Sox and this series didn't prove you anymore right. To think you're the same guy who one week ago was saying people shouldn't be bumping posts 1/4 into the season as gotcha moments, but here you are after the Sox one lone series sweep pounding your chest pretending you got and told everyone. GTFOH.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you take more out of the kids who are struggling than the ones who jumped multiple levels, you have totally fulfilled your last sentence. 

Kelly's struggles are UNLIKELY to be correlated to offseason work...there's a million other factors that could possibly be in play, and speculating over the internet is completely worthless and at best idle speculation unless we're provided something a bit more concrete to roll with.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asking for a favor, which others may appreciate as well.

Did the Sox broadcast mention whether Eaton in LF was a one time event, primarily due to Yankee Stadium dimensions, or did they or La Russa pre/post state the Sox are looking to create flexibility with Eaton in LF? Would like the option of Engel RF Robert CF Eaton LF in Sept/Oct.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Kelly's struggles are UNLIKELY to be correlated to offseason work...there's a million other factors that could possibly be in play, and speculating over the internet is completely worthless and at best idle speculation unless we're provided something a bit more concrete to roll with.

Kelly was at Schaumburg last year. Apparently Schaumburg was an extremely valuable experience for everyone who went there. Therefore Kelly should be succeeding the way Burger and Vaughn have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeyCoralFanClub said:

Kelly was at Schaumburg last year. Apparently Schaumburg was an extremely valuable experience for everyone who went there. Therefore Kelly should be succeeding the way Burger and Vaughn have.

8 innings, just stop please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Ruiz is fine as a 5th or 6th inning guy in a 2+ run game

Wasn’t Kopech available?

7 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The lineup being exposed exposes everything else to scrutiny. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

8 innings, just stop please

So was Schaumburg valuable or not? It apparently turned around Jake Burgers career lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If you were actually attempting to make a reasonable argument and actually paying attention to my posts instead of just trying to earn useless cool points for your stupid reaction emojies on the forum you would know it's a lot more than just that because I've explained it up and down the line... "buddy." Or champ. Or guy. Or pal. Or whatever stupid childish flair you want to put on the end of your childish comments.

I always attempt to reason with people but at this point I think I've lost my patience and am just going to start putting more of the trolls on ignore because some people just want to be fucking kids and fish for emojies rather than have a sensible fucking discussion because of their fragile fucking egos and insecurity. 

I grow tired of people who not only don't listen at all after endless repetition but DON'T ACTUALLY WANT TO. 

If I am going to be the only one to admit when I make a mistake and then get shredded for it by people who are actually going to try to act like their shit never stinks then frankly it's a waste of my time even trying and really, those people can fuck off because they are just children looking for attention and I'm not giving it to them anymore. These people are gonna bullshit everyone and claim they can't stand certain posters but still reply to them because they want attention. I don't so I'll gladly say fuck you to such people (like yourself) and put them on ignore and from now on focus on having discussions with people who aren't immature douchebags. Fuck it.

Since I'm looking for rational discussion and not attention like childish dickheads like you, I won't have any problem actually putting people like yourself on ignore. I actually back up what I say.

/rant.

"Buddy!"

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Tony said:

200.gif

Ironically, a child like that resorts to the posting style you do. Like calling someone "sprinkles." Why do that? Because your logic and reasoning can't do all the talking. 

You're a troll. Off to ignore list you go. Because unlike you, I don't need someone else's attention. 

"Sprinkles."

Never seen a forum where so many trolls are endowed with moderation responsibilities. Like having arsonists guard gas cans. Ironic that a forum that hates Trump so much functions much like a Trump controlled White House.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Ironically, a child like that resorts to the posting style you do. Like calling someone "sprinkles." Why do that? Because your logic and reasoning can't do all the talking. 

You're a troll. Off to ignore list you go. Because unlike you, I don't need someone else's attention. 

"Sprinkles."

Never seen a forum where so many trolls are endowed with moderation responsibilities. Like having arsonists guard gas cans. Ironic that a forum that hates Trump so much functions much like a Trump controlled White House.

I could probably add a quotation from Fahrenheit 451 but will refrain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I could probably add a quotation from Fahrenheit 451 but will refrain...

I put the dude on ignore and he then retorts by going through dozens of posts of mine just to "laugh emoji" all of them. After projecting by posting a picture of a crying child.

So fucking pathetic. This is a person who is supposed to moderate this forum. LMAO.

Edited by RagahRagah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I could probably add a quotation from Fahrenheit 451 but will refrain...

Does it go like this...

Quote

I know you like to think that your shit don’t stink but lean a little bit closer see the roses really smell like poo-oo-oooo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ron jeremy said:

completely missing the point. You bring in Hendriks with a clean inning. Not with bases loaded and 1 out. 

I agree but it was worth a shot (maybe unfair to Hendriks) cause Bummer was toast. He was not gonna get out of the inning. If Hendriks was an overpowering lights out closer today, it was Sox only hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Of course. When someone ends up looking correct, troll them and make absurd accusations at them to try to make yourself look better and feel better about looking more and more ridiculous. 

Simply stating what I see and then watching it appear frighteningly close to reality doesn't mean I take pleasure in it. If more people acknowledged it was happening rather than live in denial then that wouldn't need to be a thing. Your aggressive push is just you drawing attention away from yourself and towards me, as with a few others here. It's strange how many adults clutch to these childish and insecure tactics. Fragile egos are so pathetic and there are a lot of them here.

 

But nice try, pal. Want to try again, buddy? You sure, chief? See you later, genius boy! Bye, champ!

I like your posts Ragah but like me in the past, you post too much. Just my opinion. Fewer is better IMO;

Edited by greg775

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I like your posts Ragah but like me in the past, you post too much. Just my opinion. Fewer is better IMO;

One thing I will always say about you is that you are never, ever malicious with any of your posts, even if it is warranted. I give you a lot of respect for that, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

I put the dude on ignore and he then retorts by going through dozens of posts of mine just to "laugh emoji" all of them. After projecting by posting a picture of a crying child.

So fucking pathetic. This is a person who is supposed to moderate this forum. LMAO.

1. I didn’t do that

2. You have no idea who did that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×