5/24 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

having eaton platoon for both Eloy and Vaughn actually maximizes Adam's strengths and he can get hot in bunches. It's best case scenario for playoffs and getting Laury the hell off this roster. 

Leury won't be going anywhere. It would be Mendick suffering the short end of the stick.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Right Tommy Longo, er footlongcomiskeydog, nope OneDog847, oh Joey. 

Is there a way for us to tell if some of these people are name changes, or repeat offenders etc? It's getting difficult to sift through the influx of shitty posters that have shown up this season.

• Like 1

Everybody panicking the last few days too. Look at teams records on the road.

The Sox are fine.

Yes ups and downs will come with this lineup. WE ARE FUNE THOUGH!!! I’d rather be GREATTTTT in October and find our footing now!

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Appreciate the sincere response.  I don’t want this to get into a pissing contest, so my last post about this specifically.  Being a professional athlete is just a job.  As with any job, when you don’t like/respect your boss or your boss doesn’t value you, you aren’t as productive. There are literally hundreds of studies proving this.   

Idk, I have worked at the same company 25+ years and have had numerous bosses.  Some I liked/respected and others not so much.  I have never consciously adjusted my effort/work ethic based on my feelings about my boss.  Steve Stone has talked about numerous championship level teams where the players/manager didn't get alone real well.  In the end I think these players should (or need) to realize that poor performance may cost LaRussa his job but they have plenty to lose personally as well.  That said, you do make some valid points and I can't say for certain the whole LaRussa/Yermin situation hasn't caused the recent struggles.  This is coming from someone who thinks that LaRussa handled the situation as poorly as possible.    

Almost to the point where you actually WANT to cheer for the Indians to somehow overcome every adversity their ownership group has put them through.

Shedding Lindor, Carlos Santana, Carrasco, Clevinger, being outspent by over $80 million by the White Sox....having only three starting pitchers, one really good MVP hitter in Jose Ramirez, no Reyes, and the best closer in the game.

It's pretty incredible, like what the Rays and A's manage to do nearly every season.

At any rate, I'll root for them to get one of the wild cards against the AL East and A's/Astros.

Last no-hitter the White Sox lost with Joe Cowley in the old stadium against the Yankees I think...FWIW.

0-3 or 0-4 loss, crazy statline.

Yermin continuing to put up quality at bats on a consistent basis...hit a little rough patch again but seems to have righted the ship for now.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, DirtySox said:

Is there a way for us to tell if some of these people are name changes, or repeat offenders etc? It's getting difficult to sift through the influx of shitty posters that have shown up this season.

It's an art form. But it's something the staff follows as things happen.  Many we catch early, sometimes it takes longer.  Name changes we see, as the post history sticks around,  but banned posters re-registering with a new account is where some slip through again.  Sometimes we even let some of these guys have a second chance, but it's kind of a case by case thing where we plot it as a group. 

• Like 3