Rick Hahn will speak to media today around 4-5 pm

Greydawgfan1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Where did they “announce” this? Because to DA’s point, this is very standard and common place. 

I scanned twitter and only saw the Not Cishek tweet.  Haven't seen any formal press release or tweet from team or beat writers.

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I scanned twitter and only saw the Not Cishek tweet.  Haven't seen any formal press release or tweet from team or beat writers.

It's the between 4-5 pm in the dugout standard press conference where he will tell you Engel is on a rehab, Robert is off crutches, Eloy is progressing, a couple of minor leagers are either hurt or recovered from being hurt, and then they will ask questions probably asking why his manager has no problem with his players being thrown at. Rick will give a long thought out response that you will realize later said nothing.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's the between 4-5 pm in the dugout standard press conference where he will tell you Engel is on a rehab, Robert is off crutches, Eloy is progressing, a couple of minor leagers are either hurt or recovered from being hurt, and then they will ask questions probably asking why his manager has no problem with his players being thrown at. Rick will give a long thought out response that you will realize later said nothing.

Right, I was more affirming that this wasn't anything special by noting the lack of formal announcement.

23 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Probably an update on Engle and hopefully Robert and Jimenez. 

Will be asked about the TLR BS and gloss over it. 

"We brought in Tony because his experience will"...then all I will hear is the Charlie Brown teacher voice wha wha wha wha Eloy wha wha....crap I missed something.....

Soxtalk.com 

34 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

To announce his resignation as the GM/VP of the White Sox due to irreconcilable differences with the chairman/owner Jerry Reinsdorf. LOL

Perhaps if he  says goodbye, I will finally get my interview with JR for the GM job.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Yeah, I think this is just SOP at this point. Normal media scrum. 

Some interesting things could come out of it, but I don't expect Rick to be announcing news like he did with Eloy and Robert. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I would like to hear something significant, but I doubt that will happen. When was the last time Hahn said something significant?

After the Eloy and Robert pressers, I am good on the "significant" stuff from Hahn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

I don't think he'd ever be that specific, more like "going well" or at most "ahead of schedule".

Does seem like they're both either ahead of schedule or at least not behind. 

• Tony changed the title to Rick Hahn will speak to media today around 4-5 pm

Hahn almost always does a presser before the homestand. I don't think Cishek was reporting that it was happening but just tweeting on what he was expecting.

LaRussa did his normal presser. Hahn was at the stadium sitting 30 feet away from me watching the game in the scout seats. It is really curious that Hahn didn't do his normal presser. Probably wanted to avoid having to defend things he doesn't agree with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Hahn almost always does a presser before the homestand. I don't think Cishek was reporting that it was happening but just tweeting on what he was expecting.

LaRussa did his normal presser. Hahn was at the stadium sitting 30 feet away from me watching the game in the scout seats. It is really curious that Hahn didn't do his normal presser. Probably wanted to avoid having to defend things he doesn't agree with. 

I thought maybe it was to flush out any leakers in the FO like whatever birdie Cishek hears from occasionally.